Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Especially for Jen

Happy Tuesday Everyone...

Last Thursday I received an email from Jen asking for a tutorial on my candle box, Click HERE to see the original post.  I promised to do a tutorial so here it is.  Unfortunately as a lot of you know when I make a tutorial I always make a different version of the original so here it is...

This one is made with Spellbinders Gold Majesty Circles to which I have added a strip of ribbon going through the die cuts.











Here is a close up...















Here's the tutorial

Firstly take 2 sheets of a thick A4 cardstock and score the first sheet at the following measurements:-

1cm, 11cm, 21cm, 22cm and cut the first sheet at this measurement.  Next turn this one and score at 1cm from the bottom and at 17cm.

Take the next sheet and score at 10cm and 20cm and cut this sheet at this measurement.  Then score 1cm from the bottom and again at 17cm.



Next take a third sheet and cut 2 10 x 10cm squares.  This will leave you with four pieces of cardstock one at 22cm one at 20 cm and two at 10cm.  Fold in all the scored lines and cut out the squares at the corners and cut up to the score lines in the middle (difficult to explain however the picture, Left, should help)



Simply lay your chosen die on the card in the middle of the larger centre panels.  I have used a die that cuts elements out rather than a full shape.


This picture shows how I laid on the die, the next picture shows one cut with the next ready to cut.  I cut these using a magnetic sheet (cheap pound shop one) and ran it through a few times at different places and angles.












Next step is to stick the two larger pieces together using the flap on one sheet.  Then use the other flap to seal the two edges to create a box shape.  Fold in the four bottom flaps and stick one of the squares on the bottom.




I really hope the pictures help to describe the steps, next time I will do this as a video tutorial I promise!







I die cut the 10cm lid and then stick this to one of the flaps to create a fold over lid.

This creates the lid and then all you have to do is decorate your candle box as you like.  Please remember to use a battery powered candle and not a real one lol!




 I hope you can all follow this tutorial,



Enjoy....




15 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great tutorial. So easy to follow. Thank you. I will be making several, they are so pretty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John,
    Love, love, love this easy to follow Tutorial.
    Will definitely give it a go when I manage to get some more free time to sit and concentrate.
    Thank you again for the mention yesterday.
    Have a great day

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    I must say your tutorial explains it beautifully ,well done
    have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    I think even I could follow your tutorial, I,m so bad with written details, you have explained it so well, thank you.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy today, so will come back later to 'take in' all the pics and instructions. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clearly explained John, thank you so much, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, thank you John! I can't wait to get started on mine this afternoon. You make it all look so easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI john. They are really clear instructions. Thank you.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks John for showing this tutorial, it really is so easy to follow. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola John
    Sorry Im late. Shop today so busy girl.
    Nice clear instructions for those who need.
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jouhn
    Very clear instructions and pictures. Thank you. I was interested to see your score board. Do you find them useful? I always veer off the grooves. :(
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the delay in responding Tuesdays are not good for me! I always struggled with score boards until I bought a metric score-pal. I find it really useful and it would be one of my Dessert Island craft items!
      John x

      Delete
  12. Hi John,
    thank you for such a great tutorial. I have bookmarked this page in my tutorials to follow at some time soon.
    Love all your fab creations.
    Regards Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow John just a fabulous project and great instructions.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab box as always ,and great instructions.Laura O

    ReplyDelete