Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Rain stops Play!

Happy Tuesday,

Well today was supposed to be my second video tutorial however due to circumstances beyond Wendy and my control this wont go live until Thursday!  Hence rain stopped play...

Instead today I thought I would show this card instead.  This is a simple top fold hinged card made with a cardstock from My Minds Eye with plain cardstock cut with my new Spellbinders Scalloped Borders one die I bought from the local craft shop.

I started by cutting the border first then inked whilst in the die using dusty concord distress ink.   This was teamed up with the paper  cut in two layers and edged in cream.

The bow on top is made witrh last weeks video tutorial and is finished with a pearl button and two hatpins courtesy of Wendy






The centre element is made using a double layer of labels four stamped with Brilliance ink in twilight which is a lovely opalescent ink in three colours.  The stamps are from waltzing mouse country labels four stamped in the ink and coloured in the die.

The flourishes are cut using the main element from Spellbinders Iron tags and accents which again I inked in the die this time using the brilliance apd so that the colours mix. 

A simple styled card, with a simp,le message,

Enjoy...

8 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card, I love the central elelment. Sorry about the delay with the video. Never mind, gives us something to look forward to. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Great card. Love those iron tag cuts. Shame about John, The Sequel especially as Sue Wilson is now trying to steal your thunder lol!
    Look forward to Thursday.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww i love this John, just my colors and how lovely to have worked your backing papers going different ways , your two colors intermingling on the stamp looks fab along with the bow and pins, just beautiful.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Love the shape of the card and the pretty scalloped border hanging over the top.
    Looking forward to the video.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI John,
    Great card, love the colours. Thanks for the email I will give the magnetic sheet a try. Will let you know how I get on. Many thanks.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card love the colours ,if it is any consolation it is horrible here in Ireland too,crap really.Laura O

    ReplyDelete