Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 11 October 2013

Friday Christmas...

Happy Christmas Friday,

Today sees the return of different colours for Christmas.  This one is made in black, copper and bronze.  Now strange as it may seem we already have our Christmas stock in at work and the best seller in crackers so far is....Black and Gold!  It seems it may be a black and Gold Christmas this year.

This card is made using the Spellbinders Heirloom ornament 2011 and the matching stamp set form Waltzing Mouse. 

I started by stamping a large background stamp from Do'crafts Home for Christmas background stamp in gold pigment ink on black cardstock.  I mounted this onto a sheet of copper glitter card (which I cut the snowflakes out of the middle as not to waste the whole sheet!)





Next I added  a simple strip of cream ribbon, with a gold ribbon on top, down the side of the panel before foam mounting onto black, then gold before finally adding to a hinged card blank. 


The baubles are made by stamping the images twice with Copper embossing powder then cut one of these with the matching die.  I then cut sections from the second baubles and foam mounted these on top to give a 3D effect.



Finally these were randomly placed over the card with matching snowflakes to balance the whole thing.

Another different colour scheme from last weeks however hopefully it will give you some ideas!


Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Absolutely gorgeous matey. I've got some bronze ep that I rarely use but I shall have to dig it out.
    Love it!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so you. I love. So differnet. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI John,
    Beautiful card, but a tad dark for my taste, however, the design is stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful John, so rich i love it all its just FAB

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Gorgeous card but it is a little dark for me. I do love the baubles though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, not sure my lot would like the black and gold, but I love the design, and it's the idea that counts, so thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely rich colours. If black and gold are in this year I shall be trendy as thats my colour theme every year!.....Love this card....xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layout and have the feeling that it looks much brighter in real life. I'm a 'for'.
    Happy Friday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card ,love the colours and the layout,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. o wow.. stunning. love the lay out .and the copper baubles.x

    ReplyDelete