Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Distressed Flowers

Happy Wednesday,


A couple of weeks ago Wendy and I attended a flower making class.  Now Wendy came back and went on a flower making binge.  Thankfully I was the joyful recipient of some of these flowers and this card is what I made with some of the stunning cream roses she made.

I have mounted the flowers, which I coloured with distress ink, onto a lace die cut form Spellbinders (again another EBay bargain so don't know which set) and I made the effect of foliage using spikes of soft lime ribbon.





The background is made with a plain piece of white smooth PMD cardstock which I stamped and embossed with Detail White embossing powder.  Next I added distress ink using a soft yellow for the centre, broken china for the petals and soft green for the space in-between.  I mounted this onto a piece of black cardstock to give a strong border before mounting, with foam tape, onto a cream  square card blank.

The sentiment is a whimsy stamp which is backed by a die cut form the same, random, set.


Enjoy...



11 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Lovely card, not colours I would normally choose, but they works so well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    another great card today. Beautiful roses. Love the stamped flower , and the colours
    used.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Ooo Lucky you to have a great friend like Wendy giving you beautiful flowers as they are always handy to have in your stash .

    I love the background technique you have used , the flower and colors are vivid and really stand out ,all in all a very nice card .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Fantastic card and the colours are right up my street. The brighter the better for me. Great Wendy roses too.
    Gateway great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should have been have a great day. . . Doh!

      Delete
  5. Great use of the flower gift - love your background treatment, sets them off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I love logging in each day to see what you have created, where did you find craft classes here in Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers on a beautiful card. Well done to both of you. !!! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty John ,and the roses are fab too.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card John - it's stunning, and I love the colours. I'm pretty sure the dies are the Lace Doily Accents. (Gill - Wendy's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Lovely card, like Lydia not colours I would use but it is all so pretty. Love the flowers and the way you have used them with the ribbon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete