Thursday, 3 October 2013

Classic Black

Happy Thursday!

After yesterdays flower fest and pastel (for me) colours I thought today should be a classic John card in Beige and black.  When I was shopping in the U.K. I bought a set of four cameo's form the Works for £1  I wanted to make a card that would show off this wonderful and above all cheap, embellishment.

Now my go to die is still Spellbinder Gold elements one, sorry, however I felt that this was a beautiful way to make a classic card.  I die cut the corner die twice in cream PMD cardstock and cut out a large square 2cm all round the die cut.  I foam mounted this (I love mounting different layers they can add such interest into a simple card) onto black card the foam mounted the whole thing on cream then black.

Next I mounted the whole thing onto a hand made square card (I Know, I know everything I am making at the moment is a square) with PMD Kraft cardstock, A4 folded in half.  The banner is stamped with a border stamp from the Do'crafts Vintage Notes set onto the same card which I mounted in black, pennant cut the ends and then 'waved' across the middle.




Finally I added the cameo in the middle Hopefully this card makes the cameo look more expensive than it is!

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Stunning John, such an elegant card and the background sets off the cameo beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card John. Very classy. I have a pack of these cameos too, not used them yet. Thanks for the idea!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and classy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Yes i agree with the above ,a very classy card and the Cameo stands out a treat
    I got some Cameo"s off E/bay but have yet to use them .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Simple but stylish and elegant. I do have some craft bits I've got from The Works but will have to have more of a nosey when Im in there next.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Lovely elegant card, in great colours. The cameo works well, doesn't it. You wouldn't know it was a bargain price. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really shows off the cameo, and yes, it looks pricy. At first glance I thought it was ribbon going over the card, very nice.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card and awesome blog...I am your newest follower...cheers from Aussie

    luv aNNie

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hit the right spot, it definitely looks expensive and up market!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really classy ,so pretty.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    I must agree with everybody else, stunning and the cameo finishes it so well.
    Lydia
    x
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. Love the Gold elements die so you can't use it often enough for me. The colours and the banner really show off the cameo which looks very classy and very expensive. I've definitely got to go shopping with you to pick up some bargains!
    Enjoy your day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card John, definitely you!!. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    I can only agree with all the above, a wonderful card. Glad to be back home, although I had a lovely crafting week with grand daughter in the UK.
    Happy Thursday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    superb card. Yes the elegant card does make that cameo look so expensive. Great colour combo as always.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John
    Another lovely card. The corner die is so pretty. Stylish.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete