Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 18 October 2013

Stamped Christmas

Happy Friday,


Can you believe its Friday, its a Christmas card, and yet its in traditional colours and uses, hardly any, die cutting.  That's right not a spellbinders in sight, not strictly true as the background is an impressibilitiy!

I wanted to make something in more of a traditional hue however I couldn't resist adding black which is not strictly traditional but does, IMHO, make the card 'pop'

I started this card by dabbing distress ink on the impressibilitiy die which I have to admit I have hardly used and find hard to use and running it through my BSP.   Next I simply created a set of layers using red and black before mounting, with foam, on a white PMD hand cut card blank.  The stamp, which lets face it is the main Christmassy bit, was stamped in black archival ink and cut with Spellbinders labels 2 and matted with black.  Some ribbon and a couple of the ever present at the moment pearls and complete.



To offset the card I also made a tag in the same manner, however the bottom is cut with a Joanna Sheen Signature die.

Enjoy...





9 comments:

  1. Both stunning pieces John in traditional colours! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Love both the card and tag, sometimes you need a card with not too much detail and this would fit the bill nicely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both the card and the tag, wonderful stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Less is definitely more on this one. Love it and only two SB bits on it, coo! What stamp is that matey as its fab?
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely traditional cards John, beautifully designed, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and tag John , just right for my unattached Grandson , so i will be having a go ,not got your stamp but i do have one to fit the bill.

    Have a good Weekend
    Elaine H X
    PS forgot to say i got my Bow Maker Yesterday off e/bay ,how quick was that ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty John ,just shows you don't need much to make a great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, colouring the embossing folder really highlighted the background (love your red reindeer too).

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card and gift tag John, I agree with you that using black makes the design pop. Lovely. Janice x

    ReplyDelete