Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Commissions

Happy Today!

Todays post is a commission for a Friend, this card was changed at the last minute for his wife a few weeks ago as he knew she liked it and asked me to add the word wife (click on the link to see the card I'm talking about!).  She loved it so much she asked it I could make a version for her Mother In Law (I just had to make sure it was not as big as hers! lol)  For this one I made a box as well as this has to be posted back to the U.K.

The next day she asked if I could also make a card for her daughter to send so that no card was better than the other, don't you love family's! 

Therefore I made this card in her daughters favourite colours of Lilac and Blue / Turquoise.

This card was made using a backing paper from My Minds Eye.  The flowers are from the U.K. (the works for £1)  The flower image is stamped and is from an old Anna Griffin stamp set.  For this one I actually watercolour'd the flowers by hand, something I rarely do.

This one also had to have a box to post.

here's a few more pics just because.

Enjoy...





12 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    beautiful cards today. The recipient is going to be soooooooo! pleased with these two beauties.
    I too love to make boxes with my special cards, and decorate them to match the card.It's a lot of work, but it becomes a lovely keepsake if it's a special occasion.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Both cards are beautiful but I would pick the Mum one if pushed to choose, just because I love the dandilion clock stamp. It is gorgeous, do you remember where you got it from? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first one, not as keen on second, colours dont quite float my boat for some reason. Brill design on 1st. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards John, 1st one is the one that I prefer the most. Beautiful colouring and layout. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    You certainly have many styles and ideas , i like both the cards and boxes and even a tag as well , { you sure know how to please a gal } and im sure both recipients will be over the moon .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    Busy boy again eh? Love both cards but if I had to pick one it would be the Mum card only because I prefer the colours. Both designs are fab.
    Off to the shop now so have a great day matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you have been busy John and the finishing touch of a box makes everything so special. Won't be joining you now for a couple of weeks as I am having a holiday but look forward to catching up with you on my return, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. I'm sure both ladies will be delighted with these lovely cards especially when they're given in such elegant boxes. Both so different but equally beautiful.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely John. I'm sure the birthday girl will be delighted with them. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Two lovely cards, if I had to choose I think it would be the mum one, prefer the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love both of these. It's always hard when you have to make 2 cards for the same person, to keep the same style you know they like, yet make them different. You have done well here.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice cards ,love the colours on both.Laura O

    ReplyDelete