Saturday, 19 October 2013

A Trip to the Duck Pond...

Happy Different Saturday,

I'm beginning to think I should call this feature Happy Box Day as that seems to be what I keep making, however there is something different from a box tomorrow for my Hobbycutz Design Team inspiration.  I have titled todays post a trip to the duck pond as I was inspired to make this box from Mrs Ducks beautiful creation, click HERE to be transferred to the Duck Pond.

My version is a candle box, the second photo shows the card with a battery powered candle in situ which is how this gift will be given.

The box is made in two pieces using PMD white Hammered cardstock (I use so much of this I should have shares in the company!)  The die used is Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles I used the largest inset and the oval inset.





The top of the box is made using all the dies form Spellbinders Adorning Squares die which are all foam mounted and layered on top of each other.

The front piece is decorated with paper roses made with a Marianne die, leaves from the same set and a small pink bow.  I've left this very simple as I feel apertures and the hammered card looks simply good.

I've added a few more pics to give the general idea.


Enjoy...



11 comments:

  1. Hi John. Before I comment on todays blog I just want to say that I love your card yesterday. Todays candle box is beautiful. I agree that you don't need to do much to it. I will be having a go at this, with slightly different dies, never made one before so wish me luck! Have a god day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Well i must say your Candle box is beautiful , i got the radiant rectangle die just a few weeks ago , but i must confess to cutting out some pieces but not using them yet , however i have no excuse now .

    Hope you have a lovely weekend and find time for a little rest
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Quack! Thanks for the honorable mention mi amigo but to be fair, my butterfly box was inspired by your crib box lol!
    It does highlight how great this blogging mularky is when it comes to sharing ideas.
    Love todays box. Was trying to work out your lid. . . . . Is it a flap lid? Those squares are terrific!
    Have a great day matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh up me Duck, Yep its a flap lid, I made tabs on each side of the box so that the flat lid has something to rest on!

      John x

      Delete
    2. Grassy ass for the reply. I like that idea. x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful John, just beautiful.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    A beautiful candle box. Love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. another fantastic box John,love it .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly stunning, a wonderful project John x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have same die and new in craft.want to make candle box like you please guide me with video tutorial.If we put candle in the box it is safe?thanks God bless you.
    Maltee
    maltee.indoria@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete