Friday, 25 October 2013

Over The Top!!!

Happy Christmas Friday!


I have to admit I have been holding off on this card for a few weeks, even I have to admit this is too OTT even for me!  After weeks of looking at this on the shelf in my craft room I finally had to do something with it so I took it all apart and started again.


Amazingly I got enough die cuts and embellishments off this card to create two others.  This is the first one...
This one uses elements from the card above but, to me anyway, looks a great deal cleaner and simpler.

The next card is made using the leftover pieces and the base card from The OTT version.

The dies used were Spellbinders Gold Majesty Circles and Basic Grey Sizzix Reindeer die.

I prefer the white background card to the others, what do you think?

Enjoy...





11 comments:

  1. Hi John
    I agree - the cream background shows off the dies to better effect. And I have to admit to finding the original card a little over the top! I like the background embossing with the jewels.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I agree with Anne. She has said just about everything that I thought : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    I too agree with anne , but i will say your first card would have made a great headdress for the Queen in a panto ........

    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes John I think I prefer the cream background one though the OTT one is growing on me......Love the reindeer die though I have a Spellbinders one and you don't really need two...do you??? Best wishes and have a good weekend Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Yes, definitely OTT. Love the cream one but not keen on the antlers above the card on the second one. However the background is stunning.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    The cream card is superb, very elegant. The first one? Erm . . . unusual.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    I seem to agree with the other comments. 1st card ott 2nd card beautiful. Nice to hear that others take cards apart when made and start again, I do this frequently.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did the right thing - the first card gave me the impression that you had thrown all but the kitchen sink at it. Glad you didn't waste the 'bits' though, you have proved that they can be recycled - love both the resulting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. John both cards are stunning and as it's for Christmas you are allowed to be totally over the top. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again. . . . . I don't know why it just dawned on me but we have been passing comment on 2 cards but there are actually 3 if Im not mistaken. Hi originally thought it was a close up of the first but it is a different card I think.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blooming predictive text! That should be I not Hi. . . Doh!

    ReplyDelete