Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Something New, Something Blue...

Happy Thursday!

Last week I went to my local craft shop with Wendy and Val (in Spain) and I promised I would show something made with whatever I bought.  Well here it is, Wendy managed to grab a couple of dies I fancied so I was left with Spellbinders Scalloped borders one.  Once I got home I had buyers remorse as at €28.50 it was more expensive than buying the die online however as soon as I started cutting with it I loved it and made about 5 cards in a couple of hours.

This is a deceptively simple looking card that took a lot longer, and looks better in real life, than you would think.






I started by cutting three strips of cream card with different combinations of the borders, I added pearls to one strip then layered them up to give the frill at the bottom.

Next I cut a strip of the patterned paper, from stash so no idea where from sorry, with the same curved die and added this on top before a simple stripe of blue silk ribbon.  This was placed at the bottom of the card which was made with the same paper and layers of cream and navy PMD card. 
Finally I added the sentiment Happiness is homemade because I really believe it is.  This is on a simple circle layered onto the same paper and cards used in the card with a scalloped circle at the end.  One of my bows and finished, was it value for money?

Another good thing that came from the visit to the craft shop was that Ollie, the owner, agreed to me doing a class there I have 4 people who want to attend so far just 4 more to go!

Enjoy...

11 comments:

  1. Hi John, I have just ordered these dies and was pleased to see your card using them. So beautiful, love the pearls. Good luck with your classes, they will be well attended I believe.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, I feel your pain, they are just as expensive here in Ireland. I have the other two sets, (the curved borders and the bracket ones) so I don't think I can indulge in this set, but the ideas are almost interchangeable, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I love this card. Lovely clean lines and the paper pattern is gorgeous. I'm sure you will get 4 more people for your classes very quickly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely, more your style of paper than mine though. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Simple but stylish matey. If its consolation, your border looks fabulous, just like lace.
    Classes? You forgot to mention that or I would have booked lol! Do you do a special package with flights, accommodation and class with a tour around your craft room?
    Have a great day and try and get 5 minutes to sit down!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love the elegant style. Just waiting for a set of the dies to arrive from the states I paid 13.00 with no p&p (on ebay) , sorry to rub it in. Good luck with the class, I'm sure you will fill it easily.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Definitely well worth the money. Beautiful card with beautiful die. So looking forward to the class. Considering what Ang has said perhaps organising craft weekends to Spain wasn't such a daft idea!
    Just got some new card stands at the Auction for the shop so guess what I'm doing today.
    Have a lovely day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card John and lovely dies, good luck with your classes. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Im sure it wont take long to get 4 more people for your class ,and once they see your work they will want more .
    A beautiful card i love the cream and navy as it complements the background beautifully , i have just had a bid on this scalloped die on e/bay , so fingers crossed .
    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    lovely card. I do like the dies used, and your design.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the border dies and this is a great pack of papers papermania I think.Laura O

    ReplyDelete