Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 21 October 2013

House of Cards October

Happy Monday Afternoon,

I Can't believe its been a month already since my last design team card for House of Cards but I guess it has been !  This months challenge is a sketch, cards must follow this sketch or layout. 

Above is my Classic and Elegant take on this, I created this card using the spellbinders gold elements one corner die (I did say this would pop up again!). The design is slightly different from the sketch in that I made it into a square.  Firstly I cut the corner die four times in cream cardstock to create the cross section however before cutting I inked the die to give the letterpress technique.  Doing this really makes the die cut pop and balances out the starkness of the cream card.  This was then mounted behind a hand cut, and layered, square aperture in navy and cream.  At the back I added a sheet of simple striped paper to give balance.  The sentiment is a set of frames cut using labels four which I inked, using the same navy pad, whilst in the die.

To join in the challenge or to see what my fellow DT members have made to inspire you click HERE.

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation of the sketch John - your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, love the way you have used the die, I have this one and fine it very difficult to cut i have to run it through so many times, I use waxed paper with little effect, any tips.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A lovely card today, i really like how you have added a little blue to the scroll work along with the label , very nice indeed .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Beautful card. I love the navy/ cream colours. This will be just right for a friends birthday that is coming up. I am goingb to give it a go. Hope thats ok with you John. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    When I saw the challenge, I knew it was crying out for a corner die.
    They are such versatile dies.
    Love your take on it matey as you do elegant so well.
    Lydia, if you re-read, I rub my intricate dies with tumble dryer sheets and the die cuts pop out, on trouble, everytime.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang,
      Thanks I have tried this one, and an anti static bag they help a little but I still struggle. Anymore suggestions gratefully received.
      Lydia
      X

      Delete
    2. Hi Lydia,

      If you click this link it will take you to a post-/ tutorial I did in April on how to cut a very similar die and the tricks I use to cut it cleanly! Hope this helps, if not email me using the button above (or Lockers@live.co.uk if that doesn´t work for you) and I´ll try to send some other advise over.

      John xxx

      Delete
    3. this link LOL can you tell i´m sneakily writing this at work lol
      http://johnnextdoor.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/answers-and-card-for-ita.html

      Delete
    4. Hi John, Not sure where the button is, if it's the one next to your name it's not working. my email is lydia.jordan@talktalk.net. Appreciate any help you can give.
      Lydia
      X

      Delete
  6. That should be NO trouble. . . . .doh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Before I comment on todays pretty card I must say how lovely yesterdays hanging is. Not my style but beautifully done.
    Love todays card as I really like the dies you've used. I have them and they are amongst my favourites. Such lovely colours together and I really like the striped paper peeking through.
    Enjoy another lovely sunny day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Another beautiful card. Truly elegant. I like the way you have inked both the corner die cuts and the labels.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card love these corner dies.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, this is fabulous!!! LOVE the blue and cream together and the die cut panel is amazing! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is truly elegant, the filigree look is fab.

    ReplyDelete