Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Laura Ashley...

Happy Wednesday,


Todays card really reminds me of a Laura Ashley dress from the seventies ( No I've not lied about my age I've been watching too many documentaries!)

The background paper is the culprit I think and it is from Do'crafts Victoria and Albert museum collection.  This is a collection of papers from quilts and fabrics from the museum so it could be where Laura got the print fabric idea from!

I started this card with the paper and mounted it onto a sheet of gold mirror card then a piece of PMD chocolate brown card.  I foam mounted this onto a cream card frame on a card base made from the same, brown, cardstock.


The focal element is made from the largest three die cuts from Spellbinders Decorative Labels twenty-two.  These were cut in the same cream card however I inked them in the dies using Antique Linen distress ink as well as dusting the edges with the same ink.

The sentiment is a waltzing Mouse stamp which is stamped in the same colour ink.

Finally I added a double bow and a strip of ribbon on the chocolate die cut which helpfully has sections at each side which the ribbon threads through beautifully!

The bow is made with the technique I use for my messy bow, see the video tutorial HERE, however I only wrapped the ribbon round the pegs twice.

Enjoy...

I

15 comments:

  1. Hi John
    A lovely fresh card. I love the colour combination, beautifully set off by the floral background. I like the way the ribbon is thread through the die cut. Yes, agree, very Laura Ashley.
    Best wishes
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. A beautiful card, very pretty. It is Laura Ashley like isn't it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card John, love it all.
    Have a good day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card John. I finally found a seller who would send me a bowmaker like yours (to Ireland). What is it with sellers? We are prepared to pay the higher postal charges, but they aren't willing to post them to us? Makes my blood boil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    For some bizarre reason, this beautiful card has been sat on my blog list for the best part of a week, so I've been able to look but not touch, so to speak.
    Simple and stylish matey.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love it all. Great colour choice.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colour combination John, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww such a very beautiful card John ,i love it all .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathtakingly beautiful John. Love all of it. I'm becoming quite good at my bows after watching your tutorial a few times. Thanks teacher!
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a really beautiful card ,the paper is so classy,Great combination of colours .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card John, I love everything about it. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning John, love the layering and the colour tones x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card John. The colours are so stunning. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog, and this card is lovely. Marvelous papers & colors chosen. Loved all the intricate details & lovely embellishments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. just found this blog,.and glad I did love your card,its stunning.

    ReplyDelete