Sunday, 20 October 2013

Hobbycutz Sunday

Happy Sunday all!

Firstly I want to say how grateful I am for the response to my first video tutorial!  So many of you seemed to enjoy it Hopefully it will be the first of many! 

I perhaps should explain the time delay in thanking you all, the issue at the moment is that due to the pressures of work (the summer season here hasn´t ended yet and so far there's little sign of it calming down before Christmas)  The remainder of my time I seem to spend crafting, therefore I write all my blog posts for a week in 2 batches, one set on Sunday, one on Saturday night.  Therefore I have a few days in hand ready to go.  This is why, sometimes, I don´t reply immediately on my blog!  I read every comment posted and genuinely value all comments of every contributor where I can I reply however any questions please use the email me button at the top of my page!  Thanx to the magic of Ipads and I phone Email usually reaches me, including your comments, instantly.

That said todays creation is for my DT spot on Hobbycutz, this weeks challenge is Home Décor (not a card) and can be anything you wish.  Once again the challenge carries an extra prize for anyone using Hobbycutz products.  I have made a wall hanging / clock using some of their wooden laser cut cogs along with some form my Sizzix Cogs Die.




All of these have been embellished in different  ways with alcohol inks, embossing powders and even a few gilding flakes here and there.  I wanted to show how you can really go to town on the laser cut shapes, as they are made of wood they are very sturdy.

This big cog (see picture) has had several layers of embossing powder added to give the distressed verdigris look.  The cog above has been treated in the same way however I added micro fine clear glitter to the last firing!  I thought this technique would be good for Christmas (note to self must try this)

The clock face is another Sizzix die and is weathered clock by Tim Hotz, one of the first dies I bought a couple of years ago, well before I got into the spellbinders filigree delight route I seem to be on at the moment.

I know this really isn't to everyone's taste but I certainly enjoyed creating it!

To join in the challenge or see what the other design team members have created, click HERE or to see the marvellous range of laser cuts click HERE.

Enjoy....

11 comments:

  1. Hi John. Aren't you organised, doing your blog posts twice a week. I would be hopeless as my memory is dreadful! This project is not for me but I am glad that you enjoyed doing it. Be boring if we all liked the same things wouldn't it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    For a moment I though I had gone onto Hels Sheridon blog, this is the sort of project she makes. Not a fan of altered art myself but I can see the amount of work that you have put into your wall hanging, well done, good luck with the challenge.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Now this is different and i love It !! although i think it is too complicated for me to try { i know i would come to a messy end } tis a pity i dont live near to you then i could come over for a demo lesson .

    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    You know Im not a steampunky, grungey kinda gal so its not my glass of Pepsi but I can appreciate the hard work you have put in making it and the wonderful finishes on the cogs.
    Try and get some chill out time matey!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly a different look John, no, not my cuppa, but Iike Mrs. Duck, I can appreciate that it will appeal to many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly different John, although not my 'cuppa char', there is definately a lot of work has gone into this. Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see you have put lots of work into this one but not my cup of tea as you would know. xxxx
    Fantastic design though. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see what each medium look like,and they all go well together.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    I would find some wall space for this any day. So pretty and it would keep me captivated trying to work out the techniques. Very on trend and, in my view, quite the best of all entries so far posted.
    Good luck and remember to report back if you win.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow John this is a fantastic! Love all the details on this project. I love the colours you used!
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    Hobbycutz DT Coordinated

    ReplyDelete