I know its been a week since my last post its been a very busy week I haven't been home for more than half a day, next week is the same!
I thought I would share a card today made using the fabulous Crafts Too A4 book flies and my Hydrangea flowers.
The flowers are made of velum cut with the Hydrangea die and simply shaped with a ball tool. I grouped these together and aded a crafts too diamond embellishment in the centre. I added some Crafts Too heather sprigs to the mix along with my leafy flourish dies cut in the gold crystal flower paper.
I cut several pages of velum using the dies and stamped the Nellie Snellen scene stamp ( I always call this the Hobbit House) I heat embossed this with Izink Jasmine embossing powder. I curled the corners and added these as pages to the larger die cuts of the book die, to look like a book!
I'm sorry the blog has been lacking I have to admit that with designing, doing packaging planning shows and driving up and down the country I don't have as much time for making samples and blogging as I used to. I thought I would share a couple of cards / projects I made at Essential Crafts demo at the weekend today and I will try to share as often as I can until i find a new equilibrium!
Another project today featuring the new flowers launched last week. Today I have used the Camellia die to make a faux rose. I demoed this technique on the shows last week however its really easy I'll try to do a video on it of anyone wants.
Toi cake the rose style flower I cut the die twice giving me 12 sets of petals. I then twisted the edge of each petal arround my tweezers ( reverse tweezers are easier!) I the jays rotated the petals to make the flower for large to small. I used the centre stamens that come in the die set in the centre with a clear rhinestone in the centre.
Here is a closer look which should help with replicating the flower.
For the background I cut my Leafy Flourish die in the corners of a large piece of white card placing mouse grey linen card behind this so it gives the negative effect.
A sample today made with the Hydrangea die and matching stamp set. I love the way I get silver shading on these flowers simply by stamping the stamp and heat embossing with Izink silver embossing powder!
I stamped and cut the plate twice ( which uses only 1 piece of A5 card) and used 2 off the same size simply folded to make each flower which gave me 9 different sized flowers.
I used clear Caviar beads for the centres of the flowers and arranged them arround the Cut and Emboss snowblower folder shaded in silver.
I hope you all enjoyed the weekends shows as much as I did thank you to everyone who lived the flower collections! Today I am sharing a project made with the cut and emboss folder and the Hydrangea die set. I love the fact you can use this flower for so many different things, here I've used it as a full hydrangea as well as for the spray of little flowers around the top corner.
I used the 4 smaller flowers form the die plate, shaded in ocean and mint Izink dye based ink pads, to make the full flower using a section of a styrofoam ball to give the circular base for the flower. I hot glued these on working form large at the top to smallest at the edges. I the added centres using ranger enamel accents in yellow.
The spray around the top right corner is made with the fourth and fifth flowers from the plate. The leaves are my rose leaves die set cut and shaped to add interest around the edge.
I added these to a frame made with my snowblower cut and emboss folder shaded with izink gold texture paste ( I demoed this technique on the show)