Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Filigree Silver...

Happy Wednesday!

Another card made using the borders dies however this is form Spellbinders Bracket Borders one set and instead of using it as a border I've used it as a simple filigree section to highlight the centre panel.

This card is a DL size, one I rarely make, in navy PMD cardstock and white Linen card.  I started by making the centre element using Spellbinders filigree delight die however I left the centre section whole and cut a navy oval to fit.  Next I covered a sheet of card with a double sided adhesive sheet from Scrapbook adhesives ( purchased from Christine Hope and Chances blog) next I used the inside of the oval die as a template and hand cut it out adding chariots of fire gilding flakes (Indigoblu) and foam mounted them all together.

The whole piece is added to the white panel which has the borders cut out and threw in a few gems for good measure.

The decorative element is a laser cut from Hobbycutz with a white rose and a banner.  The banner is made in scarp from the adhesive sheet added to navy card and stamped with the word forever (really hard to see in the picture)

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Hi John. Great card, love the bracket borders. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI John,
    Lovely card, I love gilding flakes, like the way you have used them here.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make many DL cards either, though I like this one. Guess who has a bracket shaped fridge magnet? I was using a lovely A4 magnet shim and put the die on the wrong way round. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Love the shape of the card. Just got these bracket borders and they are very pretty. The navy and white and the gilding flakes are beautiful of course.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Lovely jubbly! Another elegant treat. My card today also uses the bracket border to edge a frame lol! Great minds eh?
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John, hope you are keeping well. I have been looking at all your creations over the past two weeks whilst I have been away and there are some lovely pieces displayed. Today's card is no exception and I am itching to get out the glue and flakes but must curb my impatience for a few more days until I get shipshape again. With best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,

      So glad you had a fab holiday, or so it says on Mrs Ducks blog! Glad to have you back on board! lol

      John x

      Delete
  7. PS Meant to say the video tutorial is a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John this is fantastic,love gliding flakes so pretty.Laura O

    ReplyDelete