Thursday, 10 October 2013

OH Says No.....

Happy Thursday,

Firstly I promised to show Mr Next Doors Birthday card to me, well I have been refused permission by the copyright holder so sorry you'll have to have this quick card from me instead!

This is another small and relatively simple card.  I started by die cutting all the pieces possible with Spellbinders Adorning Squares Die in PMD Linen cardstock.  I cut the largest square from a card blank, made in the same card, then mounted a piece of pink card behind.  Next I simply foam mounted each of the die cut pieces in the aperture.

The pink ribbon foes behind the die cuts and one of my simple bows, and a Wendy Birthday hat pin and finished.

I have again had a lot of questions about my bows so am planning a tutorial and demo using my bow maker, it's literally so simple and cost £1 on ebay.

Off to the local Craft Shop later today with Val and Wendy so nmaybe something new tomorrow!

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely card John. I love the colours - peaches and cream maybe today. Loved the chocolate cream yesterday. Looking forward to tomorrows flavours!
    You are a meanie OH, but I do understand, I have only shown mine to John too.
    Happy Thursday
    maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I love this beautiful card. A great use of just one set of dies. Would look great in any colours. Hope you find some lovely goodies at the craft store! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Simple but elegant my dear. I suppose we have to respect the wishes of the artist (OH) Boooo!
    Intrigued as to what Maggie has been showing you that she hasn't shown anyone else lol! Its not one of those "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" kinda things is it? Hahaha!
    Enjoy your shopping spree.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous again John. What a spoil sport OH is, maybe I can see it later. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Love your card, even though the colours on my pc are showing as a dirty peach and pale green, so I'm imagining the true colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww John , cant wait for your bow Tutorial ......
    A lovely card and so so pretty with the bow and pin , enjoy your craft shop
    Take Care

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card John, so simple using just the Adorning Squares die. I am hoping by looking at your cards and others who use Spellbinders that I will find my 'mojo' again. lol. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. What a lovely card. Love the colours and the beautiful die. So happy you're going to give a tut on bows. I have a bow maker but my bows definitely do not turn out like yours.
    Looking forward to our shopping outing later.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card John. With regard to bow making, if you haven't got a bow maker have a look at www.card-making-magic.com. There is a video showing how to tie a bow just with your fingers. Also how to do other techniques....double bow....using heat gun on the ribbon etc. Worth a look for other ideas. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card simple but so stunning.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card especially that beautiful rose coloured ribbon! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete