Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Chocolate Cream....

Happy Wednesday!

To answer a couple of requests from yesterday, on the teal and cream card the die used was  Spellbinders radiant Rectangles die hope that helps!

It's another small card today however it is something new with a mixture of two new, to me anyway, die sets from Spellbinders.  Firstly  Gold Ovals One and secondly Decorative Labels 22.  Both of which I bought from Hope and Chances

This is a deceptively simple card with just die cutting and foam mounting.



I started by making a cream linen square card blank, the layers are as follows:-
Brown square, beige square, cream linen square. 

For the central panel I added the two largest gold elements embossing dies, with the next two mounted on top.  I edged each one with a fussy cut cream panel.

A ribbon and bow is next with the two smallest, again mounted on brown card, dies cut in cream card.  The final section is embossed with the smallest die from the ovals set.  I distressed the edges of the cream pieces using ancient photo distress ink, a couple of pearls and voila.

There is no sentiment but I think we all need a pretty blank card occasionally!

Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Hi John. As usual you have come up with another beauty! Cream and brown always work so well together, don't they. I would liketo know what you hasused on the middle of your bow. Is it a matching flower, or is my eyesight playing up? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs B, the Middle of the bow contains a paper rose to which I added some stick on pearls to look dew like! Thanks for the continued interest and support!

    Take care, John x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Another lovely card, love the way you have used the die cuts, grand.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Just like a giant Oreo and equally as yummy.
    Hope you didn't mind my homage to you today.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. A lovely card yet again. Love the way you have used the small dies which I must admit tend to get left in the packet. Brown and cream look so classy and the bow with the rose is so beautiful.
    Bye for now.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card John, love the bow with the rose on. How did you do that? Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John

    Oooo im drooling over your beautiful Bow on this lovely card and such great colors using Brown and Cream { i think your heading should be John the Bow maker } as your bows are just perfect .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card today John, I love your ribbon and your little rose. I want to make paper flowers, but just have not got the knack of it, they always end up looking like 'cabbages!! Well the roses certainly do anyway. lol I know that there is a cabbage flower, so I think I might just go with using 'cabbage flowers' from now on. lol. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the chocolate colour (and I agree with you, it doesn't need a sentiment).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brown now my favorite colour ,but this is a fab card.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    another really beautiful card today. Love the cream and browns, it's so elegant.
    Great dies used on this, and such beautifully tied bows you make.
    Bit late today as I have been looking after my little great granddaughter, and she wears me out so I had to have a nap before blogging.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is stunning ! Wow ! Just started following you ! I love your beautiful projects !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete