Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 4 October 2013

More Traditional Christmas

Happy Christmas Friday,

After last weeks copper colour scheme and the split it caused in my lovely Blog Commenters I thought I should post something a little more traditional this week.  This card is made using my standard colour scheme of Red, White and Silver or Gold.

This week, therefore, I have posted 2 cards both using either Red, White and Gold or Silver.


This first card is an A4 sized sheet of red PMD cardstock folded in  half with layers of red and gold topped with a sheet of Do'crafts Home for Christmas range. 

The sentiment is a new one I received yesterday ( it usually takes a week for internet purchases to reach me here in Spain however this one took nearly a month!) and is from Indigoblu.  I stamped this in Versamark and embossed the image in Mirror Gold embossing powder.  I noticed that the image fits perfectly into Spellbinders Labels 2 so I cut it out and fussy cut a gold frame. 

The ribbon Is Beresford's pencil stripe which is highlighted with die cut holly leaves from Joanna Sheens Signature Die.


This second card is made using the same idea of a sheet of Red PMD card folded in half however this time it is lengthways.  The feature elements on this one are made using a die rather than stamp and is the new Spellbinders mix 'n match Ornaments die.

I started by cutting all of the elements including the separate centres ( this set allows you to cut solid ornaments or use one of the four centres that come with the set) so that the baubles are see through.  I backed these with  silver mirror card and highlighted the embossing on the die cuts with silver gilding wax.  These have been placed, using acetate, floating in three windows cut with a Sizzix scalloped square die.  Behind this I added a further sheet of Do'crafts Christmas paper and added more of the ribbon.

Both cards are made with virtually the same materials but give 2 totally different cards!

Enjoy...






9 comments:

  1. So gorgeous bothbut love first best. It did not take you long to play with new toys!!! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Love both of these, but the second one is my favourite as I love cards that have floating images in any form. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Two beauties today but I do favour the first one, only just! That IB stamp is gorgeous and the background paper is fab.
    Have a great day and greetings to the OH.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Nothing between them as I like them both and would love either on my mantelpiece (if I had one!)
    Been watching Sue Wilson's first show this morning and as usual I'm in awe.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, I wanted the Spellies ornaments die, but can't afford it right now, so I'll just have to drool over yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow John
    I like them both ,but the second one just has that extra WOW for me , Well done

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Love both could not decide between them. I love traditional colours for Christmas.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. love both very different but equally fab.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards John. Just to let you know I have just heard from Ita, you probably knew that she was going into hospital for an operation. She took very seriously ill and unfortunately is still in hospital, she asked me to let people know that she was still in the land of the living but she is not really in any fit state to answer emails etc.
    I had been sending her emails as I hadn't heard from her, and that was her just able to get back to me as she was allowed to use the laptop to answer me.
    If you like, I will keep you up-to-date with how she is getting on and when she is going to be getting back home again. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete