Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 28 October 2013

For Patricia...

Happy Monday!

Todays card is inspired by the beautiful creations to be found on Summerhouse Crafts created by the lovely Patricia. 

I feel really guilty as due to a lack of time I always visit a list of blogs every morning however I very rarely have time to comment.  Therefore whilst I was making this card I couldn't help but be reminded of the stunning roses Patricia makes for her box's.  Hopefully this will go some way to explaining why I don't comment as often as I'd like!

I started this one with a sheet of First Edition Pare from the Floral Pavilion pad with a beautiful old rose print.  I cut several layers matted with pink and white cardstock.  Next I added a die cut from Spellbinders Filigree Delight die with the centre panel also curt out.

Next I added a 'frame' made with a thin border of the First Edition paper layered on white and then pink.  I added a few pearls on the filigree die cut peeping through the frame.






Finally I added the roses cut with Spellbinders Spiral Blossom one and two smaller roses cut with a Marianne die.

I hope you like my version of Patricia's roses.

Enjoy...

10 comments:

  1. Good morning John,
    Now! you have made me "blush" thank you so much for the lovely mention.
    Your card is absolutely stunning, I love the Roses as well as your wonderful design.
    Papers are stunning, creation of all the "frames" is great. Must have a go at something like that.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    P.S. Love the wreath I have a few of them out in the garage, going to get them and have a go at decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    wonderful card. The paper is absolutely gorgeous. The First Edition pads are stunning. I was a naughty girl last week and bought a pack of 6x6 Noir Chic. Have been stroking it since lol.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    I like this card ,love the paper and how you have layered it all , i must look for these papers ,and now im off to look at patricia"s .

    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I love the card. The papers are gorgeous and the roses are so pretty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    I agree with you about the lovely roses Patricia creates they are stunning and you have done a good job too. Love the papers and the way you have done the layering, it's a beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Everything about this card is beautiful. I'm in love with the paper and the roses are beautiful. Will nip over Patricia's blog to see more.
    Keep safe everyone in the UK.
    Love Val x
    Love the wreath in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card John, enhanced by that lovely print you have used. I'm off to a craft show in Friday and I'm definitely going to look for some pretty flower prints

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely papers John, I must look out for something similar when I go to the NEC in a few weeks time, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, as always, John. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    what very beautiful card. Your roses are really superb. Yes Patricia does make superb roses. I call her Queen of the roses. Now perhaps you are King of the roses. lol.
    Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete