I realised I haven't stared any of my versions of the Candy Machine. I hope you managed to catch Sue Wilson's shows on Hochanda last Saturday all about this die. Don't forget you can watch on catchup for the next 2 weeks!
I thought I would share a couple of the samples I made today, firstly the first one I made using the full pack to make a working candy machine.
For this card I made up the candy machine as per the instructions. I then altered it by cutting a piece of black gloss card with the outline die from the set. I then embossed this piece and added gold treasure gilding polish over the top to make the vines stand out
I added a couple of mats and layers in black and gold on the back making sure I cut a door in the back so the sweets can be filled up.
Next I used the main outline die and cut a card blank and used the parts of the die, but not the mechanism, to make this card. I added a treat cup on the front filled with Jelly Tots and the sweets for the sweet die cut on the front. I even added a faux handle although this machine is just a card and doesnt work!
Enjoy...
Morning John, these are such fun cards watched Sue demo the machine she is such a talented lady to come up with design.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you yummy yummy.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John, great samples, this is such a clever die set, and is on my wish list. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous and so much fun
Jan
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous machines, even the ones for slimmers! You have used that embossing folder in such a stunning way, just beautiful.
Hugs, Rose
Great samples John. I got this complete set just before my holiday but have only looked at it yet. Will watch Sue's demo before I give it a try.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
They look beautiful John. I love the black and gold background. Don't think this die is really my style though, so I won't be having a go at making a candy machine!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove what you have done with the Candy machine, I watched Sue's show which was very informative with great instructions.
Chris xx
Great cards, the all look so different-brilliant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Fab cards John. Watched Sue's demo at the weekend. I don't think many sweets would make it into the card in my house!, love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John your cards are stunning. The Candy machine is such a clever idea. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat cards, so different
ReplyDeleteThis is clever and I love it but I can't justify spending that kind of money on the set for relatively a few family and friends
ReplyDeleteClever John but like karenlotty, can't justify the expense of the die.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John, great cards and love that embossed background.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
You have made a great job of this John, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards. I watched Sue's demo which was fabulous.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove these cards.
Maggie
Wonderful creations.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good Morning John no I missed that show so must go and catch up, love how youve done the last one thats definitely for the grown ups. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteYou made lovely cards John, but sorry these just don't float my boat, definitely not something I would ever make.
ReplyDeleteHugs (and apologies)
Helen xx
These look great, John, but like others I wouldn't have enough use to warrant buying the die.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. Love the look of these cards but won't be buying the die as the M & M's would get eaten before I had chance to fill the machines, especially if they were peanut butter. Munch munch.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Morning John, These samples are fabulous !!
ReplyDeleteI recorded Sue's show, but have seen her Youtube video, these are absolutely fabulous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Love this die John sues show was brill I love your samples here
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat samples of this amazing die set.
Lydia
X
Morning John, two great cards, I do like this set but think it has limitations in it use.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGreat novelty die and love what youve done with it. The first card is particularly stunning.
Jelly Tots, my that takes me back lol!
Ang x
Morning John
ReplyDeleteIt's another WOW from me. The black and gold is soooooo beautiful
I'm making different backgrounds for my candy machine!
June x
Morning John, sorry late this morning, had hairdressers appointment. what a stunning creation you have made, saw many of them on Sue's Hochanda programme, what varied creations the dies make, how en-genius they are too, they do look hard to make but they are not, the instructions are all in the packaging as well and I know there is a You Tube that Sue did if anyone missed your shows.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
What fun your candy machines are today. I especially like the Jelly Tots with the die cut on the front of the treat cup. It must be the soft frosted colors. The glossy black one is stunning. I did not know one could dry emboss glossy card. Thanks for the tip. The gold gilding polish really brings out the design of the embossing folder. I love gilding polish and pixie powders.
ReplyDeleteGreat die to use John and the cards are stunning. Could just eat those sweeties right now.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
These look great fun John. Not got the die at the moment though. I bought Bassetts Jelly Bunnies today but think they would be too big for the candy machine.
ReplyDeleteHi John Lovely cards especially the embossed sample the candy machine is amazing I don't have it yet but would like to get it I watched Sues show and was amazed at how many different occasions she was able to use the die for
ReplyDeleteJohn i am so pleased that you have shown these.
ReplyDeleteI love all of them and so want to get the candy machine die, it looks so much fun.
The Candy Machine is definitely a very FUN die!!!
ReplyDelete