Happy Tuesday,
Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words about the first release form my Spring 2017 collection the language of flowers. Today is the second flower from the collection the Peony. Again there is a single flower along with a complimentary clear stamp set wit the flower meanings, frames smaller flowers and poems.
Ive chosen a simple cadd too highlight the handdrawn peony image clouded here in Violet shades of Graphmaster alcohol pens and complimented by mats and layers and thin satin ribbon.
The sentiment on this card comes form the clear stamp set that matches on each set I have drawn a dictionary definition of each flower which I just love as it gives the opportunity to make a piece that looks like an old natural history drawing.
Peonies Have many different meanings in different countries and cultures form Wealth and Nobility to the traditional British meaning of Longevity and Happy marriage as well as purity and grace.
Here is the clear set with the definition, peony meanings and the opulent frame made of peonies!
Finally the single A6 sized Peony. These stamps are all taken from hand sketched flowers I drew for the shows on Hochanda I will be sharing the original drawings to show how the process anion designing stamps starts!
Enjoy...


Morning John, aa gorgeous card, love the colour, and the stamp sets are awesome. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,gorgeous card and the Peony is one thing f my favourite flowers so definately a must have stamp.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, yes, yes, yes, another winner, love them
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
More lovely stamps and beautiful flowers. Clever John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Love the stamp and card
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and stamps. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love the colour. And the stamps are fabulous. Xx
ReplyDeleteHis John
ReplyDeleteThe Peony is a stunning flower and you have coloured it beautifully. The whole card is lovely.
Chris xx
Absolutely gorgeous, love the stamps, the words are especially nice.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
A beautiful card and a really lovely stamp. Must say though, John, that I've never seen a peony in that colour! We'll call it artistic licence I think. Looks lovely anyway.
ReplyDeleteHi John. A beautiful flower and accessories love them all. I don't think you can ever go wrong with flowers and your are awesome. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteoh what a very beautiful card and your design is so super too.
You have coloured that flower perfectly as well.
Love your wonderful stamps.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, and stamps. The peony is gorgeous.
You are a very talented artist.
Looking forward to seeing more of your new stamps.
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful image. Looking forward to your shows
B xx
Beautiful card John and great stamps. Can't wait to see more samples using these stamps.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Stunning John
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xxx
Gorgeous card, stunning flower.
ReplyDeleteMichele
I am going to find it hard to resist these stamps, John. I love this card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Very pretty
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John, Really lovely.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John what a gift you have to create such beautythank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Good Morning John I adore peonies and Ive always wanted a white one, and for the last two years Ive been lucky enough to have one bloom in my garden along with the red ones. Youve done a brilliant job of drawing them and I love the unusual colour choice and I know my mum would have done to. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteDelightful John, love this set,xxxx
ReplyDeleteWow John these are fabulous, you really are one talented guy. So so looking forward to seeing the rest of the series before choosing a favourite one.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the others.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous stamps and the card is stunning.
Lydia
X
A WOW of a morning John!!
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the colour combo, it's so beautiful
June x
Wow John this is a stunning card the Peony is just so pretty. I love all the different meanings that the flowers have. I am looking forward to the show when we can see your art work. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card john and beautiful stamps x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Lovely stamps John. The peony is beautiful as is the sheet of sayings.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Lovely card and great stamps. Enjoyed yesterday's too - just didn't get the chance to comment.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and stamp. The peony is beautiful.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Beautiful card John, peonies are my favorite flowers I have some in my garden the most unusual colour that I have never seen before, poppies are also beautiful, love Johanna
ReplyDeleteI loved the Rose yesterday but this is even better. The card is stunning in its simplicity and the stamp is going to be a "must have".
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
What a lovely card! Beautiful stamps and lovely colours :)
ReplyDeleteHi John. I love these new sets of stamps of yours, in my opinion your best so far. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John Another wow card it's beautiful the peonie is gorgeous I'm loving this collection
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful stamp Lovely colours too
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a very detailed drawing of a peony, so realistic (not sure of the colour though). It makes such a classy card.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry been awol with a migraine but much better now! Today's peony stamp , set and card are all gorgeous! Such detail! I loved yesterday's too!
Thank you, love Myra
Lovely!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteOnce again a lovely ca d today. No 2 in your collection. Looking forward to seeing the rest.
WOW John this is so very stunning and beautiful, i love
ReplyDeletethe detail you have captured in this stamp.
They have all been stunning.
All of them are on the top of my list to get.
Breath takingly georgous! Well Done!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunner of a flower. Love your stamps.
Hugs, Rose
Another gorgeous card John, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card john xx its gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteA stunning card John. Love this image and the colouring. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteThe Peony stamp is amazing!! The size is opulant and definetly a stunning center to any card.
ReplyDeleteWow a stunning card John it's beautiful & your Colour's are beautiful
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda Brock xx
Stunning just stunning! I agree. x
ReplyDelete