Happy Wednesday,
How about some almost correct colour flowers today and the Sweet Magnolia stamp to die for from Creative expressions? Thank you so m,much for being understanding yesterday with Blue Tulips and I hope I'm right today and that you do get Pink Magnolias, whilst I love drawing flowers I'm not good at knowing the colours!
I simply stamped the sweet magnolias stamp to fie for in black ink and coloured its gain with my Graphmaster markets. Again I failed to write down the colours but I promise I will try harder! Once coloured I cut it with the matching Cape Verde die this time cutting the outline and the centre. I cut another version of the die in emerald foundation card but used the centre die panel in the centre to give the looped centre.
I cut into the backing square of bright white using just the detail die from the Cape Verde set twice lopped together so that the filigree section just pops to of each side.
I foam mounted this over a piece of the emerald and used sherbet and emerald foundation card to take a set of frames before adding this to a small 6 x 6" card blank.
I stamped the sentiment and cut t with the pierced tags and added this to the centre using some thin satin ribbon from my stash and a couple of faux quilled flowers I had from another project.
Another stamp to die for tomorrow,
Enjoy...
Morning John, oh another gorgeous card, love the colouring, you are such a talented person, everything you touch turns to gold, no I am not jealous because you share all the tips and techniques with us so we are the winners too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card, those colours don't half pop. Really cheerful.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John, another beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and the colours are amazing. I love the flowers and the contrasting matting and layering.
Chris xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Love the colours you have used.
Jan
Beautiful card John. Joycex
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, pretty colours.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, lovely happy colours on this dreary day.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Good morning John, your card is gorgeous and I am really enjoying seeing your colouring. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card it is just so pretty. I love the stamp. Your colouring is amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. Another beautiful card today, love the colours. As I said yesterday it doesn't matter what colour you do the flowers, it is your card your choice, that is the beauty of crafting, everything is right, and allowed. One of my Mothers favourite expressions about colour was 'it is sky blue pink', think that sums it up. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card, with amazing colouring.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Another beautiful card
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and gorgeous stamp.
B xx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today , colours really pretty and this is a delight on a dull day.
Flower colours are an artists own choice, so go for it.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Hi John. This stamp is a really pretty one and interestingly you only need a very small amount of die cutting to enhance it even more.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John what a pretty card. It is beautifully coloured.
ReplyDeleteDonna
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card today, wish I could colour like you do.
As for blue tulips, I searched online yesterday and found there are blue tulips just the same colour as you did them. So you did pick the right colours.
Look forward to seeing what you have for us tomorrow.
Maggie
So beautiful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeletelovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, and a lovely verse .
Elaine H X
Beautiful card John xx love the pink magnolias and how you've used the detail card to frame it xx love Kim D
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely clean looking card, John. Love the stamp.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John the colouring is beautiful what a joy to receive a card like this
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Beautiful card and yes you can get pink magnolias. I bought one for my son and the species is 'Susan'. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John I dont think you are doing to badly with your flower colours todays one is gorgeous and you are getting the shading beautifully, its a fabulous card. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A very pretty card, I'm loving the stamping and colouring, and the gorgeous die-cut underneath the focal element.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Another great colouring job and very pretty card. I didn't mind the blue tulips, and they didn't look all that "tulip-like" anyway. Because they were wild ones they looked a bit like crocus!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John
ReplyDeleteThis is another very pretty and colourful card, love your colouring techniques
June x
Hi John, stunning card. Wish my colouring was up to your standard, still practice makes perfect as they say!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card and I love your colours and colouring !!
ReplyDeleteThis is so lovely John. The flowers and colouring is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Beautiful John, and what does the colour matter anyway. If you look at todays flowers and yesterdays there is very little to tell them apart if you do not know what they are. They both have 5 petals and most are fairly open. Do them sky blue pink or candy striped, some will like them some wont, but its your creation at the end of the day.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Helen xx
Morning John, a lovely bright cheerful card to cheer us up on such a dull day, and yes you do get Pink Magnolias.
ReplyDeleteI just wish I could colour like you.
Wendyx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteYes, there are deep pink magnolias but as Helen said, these flowers look similar to yesterday's so it doesn't really matter using a bit of artistic licence to create such a pretty card.
Ang x
Hi John very nice stamp but I must confess a bit too bright for me!! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John very nice stamp but I must confess a bit too bright for me!! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, love the beautiful colours on the flowers. Brilliant design x
ReplyDeleteI am loving these "stamp to die for" cards. Your coloring is fantastic. And yes, there is a pink magnolia. Here in the USA there is a magnolia known as a pink "Tulip tree" or a "saucer Magnolia" called "Jane". There now is a yellow magnolia, not to be confused with the poplar tree bloom. Both the yellow and pink magnolia trees bloom once a year in early Spring.
ReplyDeleteI love this one John. I just wish my hands were steadier enough to colour those beautiful thin lines. I just know, even if I coped with colouring the flowers, I just know I'd colour outside of the lines!
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful stamping and colouring, love it. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John what a pretty card I love the colours just wish I could get the end results you do guess I have to keep trying!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and the colours are stunning xx ps flowers can be whatever colour you wish xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and the colours are stunning xx ps flowers can be whatever colour you wish xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today. Flowers can be any colour you choose really, it's whatever takes your fancy really.
John I loved your blue tulips yesterday and I love todays magnolias too.
ReplyDeleteA lovely fresh bright card to chear up the day especially with the miserable weather.
I always think the beauty in making cards with flowers is you can always choose
whatever colour you want them to be.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very beautiful and stunning card.
I love your choice of colours and your superb design.
You have coloured the Magnolias wonderfully ad they look so pretty.
Won't be long now till they bloom for real.
Can't wait as I have a tree in my garden.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Loved your cards the last few days John. Unfortunately the wifi has been a bit hit and miss over the last few days but should be fine now.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs to all.
D xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI'm late again! Your card is lovely! I wasn't at all concerned by yesterday's tulips! Today's magnolias are lovely! I'm off to bed now. - early for me but Its been a tiring day! Love Myra
Beautiful card John. Brilliant colouring and yes Magnolias can be pink. Thankyou for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteI think the blue tulips were wonderful!!! I wish that you could actually get blue tulips. Today's card is very pink, I am more of a blue person.
ReplyDeleteA stunning card John it's really beautiful the colours are outstanding xxx
ReplyDeleteGood evening John,
ReplyDeleteOh flower, this card is beautiful, i just love everything about this card. It is so good to see how much you are progressing with your colouring each and everytime through a new card. Who says that tulips have to be a certain colour as artistic license says that it can be any colour you perceive. By the way, the way they colour some flower different colours is by putting food colouring in water and letting the flowers drink it up thus changing them to whatever colour the food colouring was, so in actual fact it is totally possible to change white tulips to blue just by this method.
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil village)