I'm sharing a card today that I made last night I made this especially for Janet from JGD Crafts as she messaged me asking how the window box die from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions worked. As I was making uno the window box I thought it would be nice to make this up into a quick card and post for everyone today. Whilst it looks complex this is a simple card and is quick to make.
I stared by cutting the window die in gloss white card cutting a separate frame form the same card and mounting it above to give the impressions of a window and frame. I then added acetate behind this, to give the impression of glass which doesn't come over on the picture.
I cut a further outline of the window in a piece of tan card and using the Creative Expressions brickwork mini mask I shaded this piece of card lightly with Frosted Mink colour cloud blending ink. This gives the light impression of brickwork which fades up the page.
Next I cut the window box die and the 2 flower inserts in bright white foundation card. I also cut the 2 opposing foliage dies in the set and shaded all these using the other colours in the frosted range of colour clouds by Phill Martin. I made up the window box by folding the edges and sliding the 2 flower sections into the slots in the edges of the box ( this is a simple process but is hard to describe I will be demoing this and the way that this box folds flat for posting, on Hochanda in a few weeks.
I stamped a piece of bright white with the stamp to die for that matches called home comforts, shaded this with more colour cloud to give a faded appearance, and added the frame and window box over the top.
I made up the card as shown using the get well sentiment form Spellbinders that I have on Hochanda on Wednesday.
The colours are brighter and not as grey looking in real life!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much a lovely card.
Looking forward to your shows.
Take care Kitty.
What a lovely card John. The window box of flowers looks so real.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, a very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John. Lovely card the window box looks amazing can't wait to see how you made it. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, hoping for a demo soon!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the pretty flower box and I'm looking forward to your demo's.
Happy Sunday
Chris xx
Hi John. Love the window box element of this card. I wonder if it would fold flat for postage purposes?
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, so pretty great that it folds flat for posting.
Jan
Lovely card John,you never fail to please. Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA great card, I love the window box.
B xx
Beautiful card, looking forward to seeing the shows to find out how you made this card.
ReplyDeleteMichele
That's great John and I love the window box. A really good idea to cut the window in gloss card and with the acetate too.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card. I have just bought the window box die set it is so good to see how it is used. It does look so pretty. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, John. I'm off to Stamperama today - looking forward to seeing loads of new goodies!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card looks gorgeous, love the flower box.
Have a great day
Maggir
Good Morning John a beautiful sunny card this morning, love the design and your colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA delightful card, love the colours you have used,
Lydia
X
Hi John, I love this card. So cheerful and the colours work so well. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, sure you would feel better soon if you received this.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Love the card John look forward to see it demoed
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Pretty card John, xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John such a pretty card for someone under the weather. Can't quite tell how deep a box you would need for it but I'll look forward to seeing the demo in due course. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John.x
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John, a fab card, and the die looks great. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card again. Love those dies.......
Hugs, Rose
How pretty. For me I would have to make red flowers, and having them trailing as window boxes always remind me of the beautiful hanging flowers you see in spain and Italy.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, I didn't realise that it could fold flat for posting, brilliant.
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John, your so kind to do this for us, I have the dies but have not used them yet so you have inspired me, the brick work looks really scuttle in the picture but I bet in real life it stands out wonderfully, looking forward to your shows on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a charming card! It reminds me of holidays in sunnier climes!! I bought one of the small masks from Julia and it is very useful and effective. Thank you for showing the card with the window box!
Love Myra
Very effective card I look forward to seeing you demo this on Hochanda
ReplyDeleteHi John, A lovely card showcasing the window die set, and my favourite stamp behind, I love it.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John this is great I am starting to like this die more and more.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely card. Look forward to seeing you make this. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Can't wait for your demo of this card!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your card today john x its fantastic x looking forward to your upcoming shows x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John. Thanks for sharing.
Love today's card John. The window box is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Gorgeous card John, love the colours. When I made mine I realised too late that I'd put the window sill on upside down!
ReplyDeleteJune x
John this is another fab window card, the window box is so pretty with the flowers. Looking forward to seein the demo for this.
ReplyDelete