I know its perhaps not usual to have tulips in blues however I just loved the colours against the white background for todays card.
I stared by stamping the Wild Tulips stamp to die for in black ink onto bright white foundation card. I then coloured it using a selection of Graphmaster alcohol pens ( sorry I lost the note with the colours on) I then coloured the background using Blue Grey 1 and 3 which gives the shaded light area behind the flowers.
I cut out the outline and the centre off the image using the dies in the Azores die form the Atlantic ocean collection by Sue Wilson. I then stamped the sentiment form my Lily of the Valley elements stamp set and cut it with the stitched flags and added a larger flag cut in iris before pacing it coming from the centre of the image.
I cut the dies in the Azores set in sky blue and backed them with bright white. I cut the centre dies in Iris, backed in white and from mounted this over the blue layers. Next I cut this shape into half and placed it across an embossed layer which I shaded with Clear Day colour cloud blending ink.
I made up the card as shown with a few mats and layers.
Enjoy...
Good morning John another stunning card and the design is wonderful
ReplyDeleteI love the stamp and the colours are gorgeous
Have a lovely day
Debs xx
Hello John, a beautiful card today, lovely colours and stamping. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you.
my internet is up and running again now.
Have fun kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card and the colour is beautiful that's the best about stamps you can have flowers in any colour you like.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely card John,like the colours.Joycexx
ReplyDeleteA stunning stamp and great colouring John xx
ReplyDeleteA stunning card. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The stamp and dies are beautiful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, I love the colours you have used.
Blue tulips are lovely, I'm sure somewhere in the world there is blue tulips.
Have a great day
Maggie
Brilliant card, love it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI agree with the other comments, your colours are beautiful and a stunning card.
Chris xx
Hi John, who says you can't have blue tulips, they are your tulips they can be any colour (lol). Great card. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card
ReplyDeleteVery nice card today John
ReplyDeleteHeather R Oxfordshire
Lovely card, love tulips, colours are lovely.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a stunning card this morning, the colours are out of this world, it doesn't matter that they are blue tulips, they really do look lovely, you can almost smell the scent from them. I am going to try this myself.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous! You've really got this colouring lark now haven't you John. :)
ReplyDeleteHi John. I keep looking at your lovely colouring and it makes me want to get out my pens. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, This is a very pretty card, I love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove your card and blue tulips are just fine in my world.
take care
Elaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, your colouring is great. Florists die flowers to requested colours so why not a Blue Tulip 🌷
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card today.Great colouring WOW.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and great stamp.
B xx
Good Morning John I really cannot see why Tulips cant be blue they certainly look stunning as is your card. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous card John. The stamp is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton u
Beautiful card John. In crafting, I think you can have whatever colour you like for your flowers.
ReplyDeleteNow if you had said they were crocuses I wouldn't have even noticed John! So many flowers actually look very similar to one another when you see them as a picture so I don't think it really matters what you use. Its ended up as a lovely card and that's all that matters.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Helen
What a beautiful card love your blue tulips
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Beautiful card John,the stamp is lovely, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteLove this one John, my colours, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John This is a beautiful card I love the colours the dies & the stamp
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, love the coloures.
Lydia
X
Hi John. I love the soft colours you have chosen for today's card and I also love the stamp which is just so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Wow, beautiful card
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteGreat card, John - I love the stamp.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, just my colours. Love your blue tulips although I thought they were crocuses at first!
Lovely, bright card today John. The stamp is so pretty and such a beautiful sentiment.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - and the flowers can be whatever colours we want them to.
Dare I say it again, but the Mauritius is one of my favourite dies of all times...........
Hugs, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a pretty card. I love the colours you've used too
June x
Hi John, lovely card, and I don't mind blue tulips at all.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Awesome card and I love the blue tulips. Great job on the coloring.
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x really like the blues x that's the beauty of the stamps they can be any colour you wish x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Love the spring look to this card Well Done!!!
ReplyDeletestunning xx fab job on the colouring xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John and your colouring is perfect. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteLove the design I have to say I'm not about the colour of the tulips My screen is showing them very very blue
ReplyDeleteJohn this is an absolute stunner of a card, i really love this stamp too and those colours are totally gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove the tulips done in blue. Perhaps a grower will take the hint and invent one.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card as was yesterday's! I'm sorry I'm having a bad week! I'm not ill - just a bit busy! Don't let anyone tell you that when you retire life gets easier!! It doesn't! Lol!
Love Myra
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card love the colour's my favourite the stamp & your colouring is gorgeous.
Hug's Lynda Brock xx
John love your color choice!! Love the card and I hope to maybe be able to do this.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John xx love Kim D
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to flowers but, to be honest, if you hadn't titled it "tulips" I wouldn't have realised they were lol! They remind me more of sisyrinchiums but they are stunning any which way.
Best wishes.
Ang x