Another stamp to die for today and more of the red colouring I was taught by Lisa Horton which I love!
I stamped the image using black ink and coloured the roses using Red 10, 15 and orange 22 to make the red shine. I also used a warm grey to add more shading which I also used on the trellis too, hopefully, give it a 3D look!
The rest of the card is relatively simple. I cut the centre die form the matching Bermuda die form the centre of a piece of ruby foundation card. I then cut this with rippled striplet and cut the whole piece out with one of the Noble double pierced background rectangles.
I offset the striplet with the addition of a piece of baby pink behind it and used this and black to mat and layers the card. The embossed layer is embossed using the braided vines embossing folders with pearl ouster gilding polish over to make the design shine.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful card this morning.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John another great card today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Like design of this card John, not sure on the red.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow. Your card is a real Head Turner today, Red Hot and the flowers are beautifully coloured, you've given them great dimension.
Have a lovely day,
Chris xx
Very striking, you're getting good at this colouring thing John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous flowers on the card.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Well this card certainly woke me up. Very bright and vibrant. Lovely. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove this card and the sentiment is a lovely reason to send someone a card. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card I love the stamp and the dies are gorgeous. The colouring is amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John what a beautiful card and and the colours are wonderful
ReplyDeleteI love the design of this one.
Have a lovely day
Debs xxx
A bright card for a dull day
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Great colouring.
B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today very red!!!!
Your colouring is great!!!! Lisa Horton should do a DVD on colouring and her techniques which would benefit a lot of us crafters.
Love and crafty hugs to all 🤗🤗
Tina T xxxx
The colours are beautiful- just right for Valentine's Day.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card, love the colouring.
Maggie
Gorgeous card John and your colouring is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John. Love the stamp that you have used today, especially the trellis design. Not sure if the colours have come across on the laptop a bit odd, but it looks a tiny bit garish for my taste - sorry.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John, oh yes a beautiful red card and the colouring is wonderful, I like the dies you have used too, wonderful.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good Morning John, that is a rather impressive stamp it gives you the idea that there is a lattice behind those roses, and your colouring is coming along brilliantly. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteWow John what a beauty I love the red your flowers and your colouring is brill thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design and the stamp, a tad too much red for me.
Lydia
X
Good morning John lovely bright card today it's gorgeous I could do with some training from Lisa that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteAnother beautifully coloured card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wow that woke me up. I love everything about this except maybe the colour and for my taste its a little toooooooooo red. But hey ho, that's just me and I will probably be the minority this morning. Sorry John.
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs
Helen xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunning card, great colouring again. Would never have thought of using orange, what a great tip, thanks for sharing.
Another striking design John. I love that Ruby card. I think I'll have to get some.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Colouring again is excellent. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John xx i love the red it's gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John xx i love the red it's gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John xx i love the red it's gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteLooks fab John, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, sorry to disagree with the other but this card is just a little too red for me although I do like the way you have done the roses.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely card John, it would make a lovely Valentine card.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Beautiful John Love the colouring Thanks for the numbers of which pens you've used
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x the colouring is fantastic on the beautiful stamp x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Stunning card John, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHello John, a lovely card, fab colouring. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John, when i first saw this card i thought ooh
ReplyDeletea little too much red but i have been back a few times
to look at it and it has really grown on me and i love it now.
Your colouring is absolutely perfect and this is another stamp that i love.
How dramatic is this card? I love it.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteYour colouring is beautiful and the card design is lovely! It's just too red for me - sorry!
Love Myra
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card your colouring is amazing. I love it.
Hug's Lynda xx
This card really does look 3D, amazing!!!!!
ReplyDelete