Happy Sunday,
as I mentioned on Friday I have moved the Vintage card to today due to the shows last week. this will continue next week as from Tomorrow I will be revealing my new collection for 2017 The Language of Flowers which launches at the Trade show at the NEC today.
Back to today and I decided to use the New York collection today in this card of Sky Blue, Duck egg and white.
I stared by cutting the largest die in the Union Square die from the New York collection in duck egg. I layers this with bright white and added it to a panel I had made using a mask and frosty dawn sparkle texture paste. I cut the next die in the set in bright white and rotated this on top.
Next I cut the next die in the set in sky blue and added this with the final die in the set cut and embossed in bright white foundation card. I added this again rotated in the centre.
I cut the complete petals form the Peony dies in duck egg and cut the open petals in white adding them together as shown.
I added these around the central element on a bed off the lace edged leaves. I added pearls in the centres of the flowers and a spray of stick pins to highlight the detail.
A very busy card but I really like this one.
Ingredients:
Dies - New York Union Square
Peony open petals
Peony complete petals
lace edged leaves
All from Sue Wilson
card - Foundation card in Duck Egg, Sky Blue & Bright White.
\Back tomorrow for the launch of my new 2017 Range There will be sneak peaks popping up on Instagram and Facebook today at the trade show!
Enjoy...
My fave colour xx gorgeous card John xx i love the revisiting of older dies xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John , best of luck with the new collection. x
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wow card so lovely, thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Lovely for that special hand delivered card. Looking forward to the new stamps.
ReplyDeleteHome from my travels now having had a wonderful time, John. Managed to do some mica water colouring on the long flights!
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, WOW absolutely gorgeous card some if my favourite colours love the duck egg and sky blue together (that's the colours I used on my sons birthday card last week) but with the weaving dies, love the construction you have done with the dies too just love everything about it. Good luck with your new collection looking forward to the sneak peeks.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteHow different from yesterday's card but I love it colours are fabulous. Can't wait to see your new collection.
Jan
Another beauty John.Also a reminder that I haven't used this die for a long time.Good luck with your new launch I'm sure it will be a great success. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow what a stunning card, we must remember to use the older die sets.
Looking forward to seeing your new collection of stamps.
Maggie
Morning John, love the duck egg blue you have used for today's card and the background that you have made, looks so effective, hope the NEC Show goes well and looking forward eagerly to seeing the new collection of stamps.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
What an amazing card John. I love everything about it. I have that Union Square die - might just try doing something similar with it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card, it is a gift in itself
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely gorgeous card John. Lovely lacey and feminine. Love it. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John xx love everything about it xx been using the new York collection myself recently and it great seeing them used in other ways xx love Kim D
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, fabulous colours.
B xx
What a fabulous card, John. I think it would need one of your special boxes to go with it to make sure in arrived safely.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, a beautiful and intricate card, love the colours you have used, and the flowers are lovely. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteA lovey card :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card & I love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Wow John this is such a gorgeous card I love everything about it. Have fun at the NEC I will watching Facebook and Instagram for sneak peeks today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John wow that is just stunning I love your card design, colour and the flowers. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteDon't like cards that are too busy but I love this. Is it the pearls casting a shadow on the flowers or have you dropped a little colour on the centres. Whatever it is they look great. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLove this card duck egg blue the whole project is beautiful thanks John
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Well this is certainly a WOW card John, love the soft blue tones. Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteHeather R Oxfordshire
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is quite simply, beautiful. That's all I need to say.
Good luck with the launch.
Chris xx
Fabulous card John. Good luck with the new collection. Xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John Wow what a beautiful card I love the colours it's all fabulous! I have these dues so will have to have a go at making this one Looking forward to seeing your new collection
ReplyDeleteI love this card, it's amazing, the colours are fab, everything about it is lovely. I like 'busy' cards.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John, this is beautiful and as I have these dies I will be having a go at something very similar.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the trade fair. I am looking forward to seeing your new range.
Wendyx
Simply stunning John, I love everything about this card from the colour to the flowers.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely card today. I have these dies so might just get them out and have a play.
John, this is stunning. The dies look lovely and the flowers are perfect.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxx Looking forward to your new collection tomorrow.
Ha ha! Union Square is the only one I haven't got from the NY collection Need to remedy that! Beautiful card Enjoy the trade show and don't work too hard Looking forward to seeing your new collection tomorrow
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, love the colours you have used.
Lydia
X
Lovely card john , a lot of work though,im thinking .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John a Gorgeous card and the colours are stunning .
ReplyDeleteI love seeing some of the older dies thank you for sharing .
jeanie.e
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother stunner today.
I love everything you have done to create this stunner of a card.
The colours are beautiful too.
Enjoy today.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
What a stunning card. I love it although definitely not one to put in the post!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
WOW John! I love this card, it is stunning! One of my favourite colours too
ReplyDeleteJune x
Stunning card today John. Love those colours. I usually go for mauve, lilacs and pinks but I do like this card very much. Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy the trade show.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today - colour is beautiful.
Enjoy the trade show and showing off your new goodies.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. This is such a pretty card today. I agree that it is very busy but because you have kept to the same colour palette it doesn't look overly busy.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, love today's card. The colours are perfect, gives a lovely vintage feel. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Just love everything about it. I have all the dies you used so am definitely going to try and recreate it. It will not be as good as yours but will give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card john x lovely colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John, A very beautiful and pretty card, gorgeous colours too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
I love, love, love this beautiful card. It is so lush!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card John, beautifully designed and wonderful colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteThis is such a regal looking card John. Love the textures that you have created.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous stunning card John love love it absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda Brock xx
Hi John,Very different card today,bit busy for my usual taste but I just love the colours. Do hope you will be back at inspirations this year or possibly somewhere in lancashire. Take care Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and beautiful colour, is there any chance you could show some cards suitable for men, we see so many for the female gender but our poor male friends seem to miss out, I'm always at a loss when it comes to making men's cards, thanks for sharing Susan in Australia xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. The duck egg blue and white are great colours together.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm all behind again (no change there, in more ways than one lol!)
This card is magnificent. From the colours to the design, all brilliant.
Best wishes.
Ang x