I promised a view of the background today so I thought I should do that The last flower in this release is the Honeysuckle which I will share with you tomorrow!

This first card is simply the background stamped in lilac archival ink with lilc]ac ribbon and one of the matching circle sentiments cut to match.
The three backgrounds which you may have seen throughout this weeks cards start with this one which is the Horticultural Definition A6 rubber stamps. I designed this to have three of the hand drawn flowers on the 'page' along with dictionary definitions for Horticulture, Flower etc. I wanted this to look like a page form an old encyclopaedia or book on plants and horticulture and hopefully i have achieved it?!?
Next is the Knotted Woodgrain a really useful stamp again in A6 rubber, here simply stamped in sepia archival ink and again balanced with one of the circle sentiments.

Finally there is the horticultural script this is a script stamp with a difference as I have used a text about the language of flowers however I have hand distressed this so it makes the perfect distressed background.
Here it is used on one of the cards from earlier in the week for the daisy it gives a distressed look without the hassle of distressing it!
Enjoy...

Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stamps Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, another two beautiful cards, and t.he stamps are gorgeous really love the distressed script background.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful stamps and love the cards too.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D x
Morning John, really fantastic creations, I am so loving your new stamp sets. I know you spend hours getting them right and they really are gorgeous, such talent you have, I am always in awe of you.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love both of these background stamps John.Another beautiful collection.As I've said before you are very talented.Joycex
ReplyDeleteVery different looks to these cards. Clever designs.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wonderful cards John, xxx
ReplyDeleteThose background stamps are great, John. Lovely cards today.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton))
Great cards, love the background stamps especially the script one.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI really like the background stamps and love your card creations.
Chris xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow great background stamps.Love your stamps in this collection.
Jan
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteYour background stamps are great, which is no surprise as all of your stamps are great.
You are a very talented artist.
Maggie
Love the background stamps, as well as all the flower stamps.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
The stamps are just stunning John you should be so proud love the cards all of them.
ReplyDeleteThank you John love June horrocks xxxxxxx
Hi John, love these background stamps, especially the script one. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John the definition stamps are really so unusual and will be a great addition to everyone's collection love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I can't ever remember seeing a Honeysuckle stamp so really looking forward to seeing more of it. Love this set of stamps.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat stamps, very useful.
Lydia
X
Lovly cards john x the background stamps look fantastic x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
These cards are so different loving the designs and stamps.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love the first card, it is so unusual but it so works! Thank you for showing us and giving us inspiration.
Hugs, Rose
Good morning John, love these background stamps and your cards are wonderful
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John, beautiful cards, made with these amazing stamps. I love the backgrounds, especially the one with the definitions. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John Im so sorry I missed you yesterday I was laid up, but Im really delighted with both your cards they are stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John fabulous cards these background stamps are so effective and will be really useful Hope you have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteGood morning John fabulous cards these background stamps are so effective and will be really useful Hope you have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love the woodgrain stamp (as well as the flowers) - will be so useful, for not just cards backing flowers, but other projects inc mixed media which I keep thinking I must have a go at. WakeyL
ReplyDeleteLoving the stamps John. It was great to met you yesterday at the make it show it was a great day xx
ReplyDeleteLove the cards and the great backgrounds
ReplyDeleteYou can never have too many script backgrounds, and I like this distressed on - hides if you not good with big stamps lol. I also love the knotted wood so a couple there to tempt me.
ReplyDeleteHugs to all
Helen xx
Two gorgeous cards from you today John I love them both.
ReplyDeleteAlso the background stamps I defiantly need them
Hug's Lynda xx
Hi John,
ReplyDelete2 wonderful cards as usual, and those stamps are so superb, and would make a wonderful addition to to anyones crafty stash.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John , these are great and I can see so many uses for them. I have a similar stamp to your woodgrain one and kit is so useful so I would recommend anyone to get one. I think the script one would would be very useful also.
ReplyDeleteWendy x
Hi John. Breath taking. I've looked at all the samples on here and they are absolutely gorgeous, your colour shading is just perfect and I really don't know what to say. When you mentioned flowers I had no idea just how amazing this collection would be. All I can say is congratulations John on a wonderful very realistic set of stamps, I really have to collect these but there is no way under the sun I will ever do them the justice they truly deserve ! Enjoy your weekend ☺ Me xx
ReplyDeleteThese backgrounds a amazing, I love how you have given us something that will take us to where ever we need to go! They can be used on any card for any occasion and they just fit!! Thanks for that John.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI love a good background stamp and these are no exception. Brilliant if you have friends who are keen gardeners, as I do.
Great cards but, of course, I love the first one as its my favourite colour.
Best wishes.
Ang x
A brilliant idea I especially like the Horticultaral script
ReplyDeleteThese are such clever background stamps John. Definitely a must have.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYou have truly excelled yourself. I need all of these!!
June x
Lovely cards John. Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing these. Really enjoyed this afternoons workshop as did Scarlett. Her dad only guessed whose card was whose by the colour. 😀
ReplyDeleteJohn these are all totally stunning, i love evry single one of them.
ReplyDeleteHello John ,
ReplyDeleteI'm a wee bit late tonight! However your whole collection is lovely and you have real talent , not just as an artist but as a teacher/ communicator! Your tips are super !
I've been chatting to Brenda and Scarlett too and I've seen what they have made today! Wow , they are gorgeous! Wish I'd been there too! Is Brenda on commission? Lol! Just wondering as she keeps trying to make me spend money!!!
Many thanks, love Myra
😀
DeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteJust love these background dies, may have to go on a wish list.
Heather R Oxfordshi
Your backgrounds are great, definitely have to get those.
ReplyDeleteAlso all your flower stamps are lovely too, problem is how to choose.