Happy Wednesday,
Today Im flying back from the Paperworld show in Germany I hope you managed to see some of the pictutres I shared form the show and Instagram and Facebook! I have got so much inspiration and ideas form the show I will be sharing over the coming months! In that spirit I wanted to share today a card I made based on one made by Sue Wilson. WE all gain inspiration form those around us and from other crafters and as long as we credit the inspiration we should hare these!
In sue's original card she cut the outline leaves into a pice of card three times and backed this with acetate before dropping the outlines back in. I loved this ideas and this is my version.
I decided to make my version with panels added to the card so I cut 3 squares using the double pierced squares dies and cut the leaf into the centre. I backed it with acetate and added pixie powder pair ( made using the autumnal shades) behind this with mounting cushion. I then spray glued the outline leaves I cut from coconut white card and added these into the aperture.
I made up the card using dark cocoa foundation card stamped in gold embossing powder at the bottom and added some seam binding coloured with the pixie powders.
A simple card inspired by another but effective I think and it shows we all get ideas form everyone else!
I will be back tomorrow with a special Sneak Peak and 4 days of Die giveaways so don't forget to join me at 6am to see whats going on and be in with a chance of winning a new die set! There are 11 to be given away!
Enjoy...
Morning John
ReplyDeleteI wasn't keen on the leaf dies, but this card has changed how I feel.
I like the layout as well.
Very nice.
Have a safe journey.
Maggie
I love this card. My friend convinced me that I didn't need these leaf dies because I already have so many but I think I definitely need to add them to my ever growing shopping list.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe journey back from Frankfurt.
Happy crafting.
D xx
PS baby girl, 8lbs, all fine.
Morning John, a gorgeous card I have a lot of leaf dies but I think these are a must have. Have a safe journey home.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a great card, this has certainly giving me lots of ideas for using leaf dies. It would be a great masculine card, for those of us that struggle with making male cards. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your inspiration that you have picked up from Germany.
Safe journey.
Chris xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery different look to the leaf dies. This card is great.
Thanks for your ideas.
Jan x
Like your version using the leaves John. Wishing you a safe journey back from Germany.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John, lovely card, I like your interpretation, have a safe journey home. Looking forward to seeing all your new ideas. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card, such a great use of the leaf dies.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John, beautiful card and I love the look of cocoa card with autumnal pixie powders.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the leaves they are beautiful. There is so much inspiration out there but it is right to give credit to those we find inspiring. I have enjoyed your photos from Frankfurt. Have a safe journey home. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely masculine card today, yes very versatile these leaf dies.
Looking forward to seeing the ideas you have gleaned rom Paperworld.
Safe journey home from Frankfurt.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Morning John, a really beautiful card to greet us this morning, love the idea of the falling leaves, well there are none left on the trees now only the little tiny buds that are just peeking their heads out to see if it is warm enough to emerge.....am I waffling sorry, it really is a lovely card with the panelling too.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe journey back, and yes you know I go onto your blog every day, what have you got in store for us I wonder.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card. Safe journey home.
B xx
What a lovely card John. Love the layout.
ReplyDeleteSafe journey home.
Jan
Northampton
Very dramatic. Those leaves are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John,love the layout and colours.Glad you enjoyed Frankfurt.Safe journey back.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations dragonsnap2 enjoy your new granddaughter.Joycex
|Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your take on Sue's card. Look forward to seeing your new ideas.
Lydia
X
Good Morning John well you will be arriving yet again back to the rain, not sure whats going on in Germany but it will be lovely to have you back again. A beautiful card and a very clever design with the falling leaves. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteWonderful John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, John. Have a good journey home.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Safe journey home John this card is lovely colours fab thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June xxxxx
Lovely card. The design is such that It would only need a change of colour to make it seasonally appropriate.
ReplyDeleteT
Gorgeous striking card john x the leaf dies are so pretty x safe journey home x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. Love the design of this card - very arty. Great for those difficult guys or for sympathy cards.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
I definitely like this - a card for a gentleman - yet done in funky colours I think it would make a great teens card.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe journey home John
and look forward to the next few days of posts.
Hugs
Helen
Hi John. Very striking card. It's lovely to see the smaller double pierced square dies being used as well as I think most of use just use the larger ones for borders and mats and layers. Have a good journey home. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, great for men. Must say leaves and trees are my favourite crafting things, especially for male cards.
Oh John I love this card, loved Sue's original but this is so different, although I don't (yet) have this die I did it with Butterflies and it looked great, will have to try this version.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you enjoyed Germany, hope you managed to put your feet up for a bit when you got home.
Wendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card today. The tumbling leaves are great although I don't have these they just might go on my list.
Good morning John I love this card it's very dramatic I don't have the leaf dies yet but hope to get them soon! I'm looking forward to seeing what treats you have in store for us over the next few days!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card. Love the way you've used the pixie powders.
ReplyDeleteHugs
CraftyJacq
XX
A beautiful card :)
ReplyDeletelove these leaves - can't help thinking they would work so well in one of Sue's shadow boxes too.
ReplyDeleteLove
Maggie (Yorkite)
Hi John,
ReplyDeletea beautiful card, very elegant - superb also for males.
Hugs, Rose
Safe journey home. Love this card. Thank you John for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John I have to say that Sue's version really "sang" to me No wonder you were inspired by it too
ReplyDeleteYou tease! I am intrigued to find out what dies you'll be showcasing Are they yours by any chance ....?
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI really liked that card of Sue's as well! Love how you have put your spin on it! Lovely card. You have got me intrigued now! Safe flight home!
Love Myra
hi John as you say crafting is all about sharing and learning from each other and I love what you have done here with your card. Safe travels, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a card showing "high style" and sophistication. I love it. Looking forward to your die give away! Wishing you a safe journey hone.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Glad you had a good time in Germany and hope your journey was a safe one.
ReplyDeleteLove ly card. Very different.
Love Valxxx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI am really liking your version of Sue's card. Like how you have used the pixie powders behind the die cuts.
Beverly in the USA
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWOW and double WOW. Love, love, love this card!
Safe journey home
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very lovely card and such a super design and the pixie powder background is fab
Love this idea of the leaves too.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Wow John this is fabulous, i love the whole design and
ReplyDeletecolours of pixie powders you have used.
This card is so striking, love it! I used a gold Pixie powder with some Brusho's to create a gorgeous background which I used on a card I just blogged. Last year at Newbury you had told me they would work together so I bought the gold and silver Pixies powders. Thank you for the advice! xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteVery effective and striking card...... leaves, I remember them lol!
Ang x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteDon't often comment but do look in. I have to say tho I absolutely loved ur card. I have the leaves but they are still in the packet waiting their turn to be used. The card Uve used looks black on my screen but I'd bet it would look lovely in black too as well as the dark shade Uve used x