Today finds me travelling for the first time ever to Scotland for a series of Demonstrations at Craftworld in Glasgow tomorrow and Friday and at the SECC Saturday and Sunday. I am then Travelling to Fife to demo at Mcoyster crafts on Monday. It would be great to see anyone in the area especially as I have never been to Scotland ( I haven't been to Wales either but I am correcting that in May Just Ireland left!)
Today's card is a really simple card using the Apron die designed by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions and the Baked with love set which has some really sweet dies all about baking in the set.
I stared by cutting the apron in a piece if Phill Martin's Frosted Essentials paper pad. I cut another version using a check paper from the same pad and chopped off the bottom to make the pockets for the Apron. The clever thing about this die is that it has the pockets already cut so you can add any of the accessories that come i the set or in the Baked with Love set.
I added a rolling pin and wooden spoon to the pockets and used pink satin ribbon from my stash as the ties and loop at the top. I used 2 of the hearts from the Jewelled heart set to add the detail at the top and the smallest on the edge of the pocket
I added the apron to a piece of coconut white foundation card which I cut with the double pierced rectangles background die. I embossed the piece whilst in the die using the Braided vines A4 embossing folder (the same as i used on the Candy Machine yesterday)
I wrapped a piece of lace around the piece and added a few layers of pink, white and more paper form the frosted elements range to balance the apron.
A simple card but I really think this is fun!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a fabulous card for any female and love the papers.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you on Thursday at Craftworld didn't know you were going to the SECC was swithering about going this year but I just might since you will be there.
Nancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.
Have lots of fun Take care Kitty.
Hi John, a really pretty card, love the patterned apron. Have a safe trip, and enjoy visiting Scotland. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove how you have made the apron really look like fabric.
Great card.
Jan
Morning John, oh WOW what a brilliant card you have created here, love, love, love it. Have a great time at craftworld and safe journeys there and back.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Great card today John. I love it. Enjoy Scotland and stay safe on your journey.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Crafty hugs.
D xx
Great card John.Must text my friend up in Scotland and tell her you are demoing up there.Have a good trip.Joycexx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Great card, really lovely. Have fun in Scotland.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love those dies and baking is so popular they would be a great investment. Enjoy your time in Scotland you are going to be very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat use of Phils papers.
Enjoy your stay in Scotland.
Maggie
This apron seems to be featuring a lot with everyone this week. Love the way you've used the patterned papers. Haved a great trip to Scotland. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a cute card. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Scotland. I have never been there either. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteAnother great card
ReplyDeleteInteresting cards today, John.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a hassle free journey. I like Glasgow but I don't expect you'll get to see much of it!
Jan
Northampton
A really great card John, I love the Apron die. You do get around, don't you, enjoy your trip and demoing.
ReplyDeleteChris xx
Gorgeous card John, love this die set. Enjoy your time in Scotland.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, this is such a fun set of dies I'm so glad | glad I purchased a set.
Safe journey to Scotland, hope you enjoy the trip.
Lydia
X
Love this card, John. Hope you have a good trip to Scotland.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
This is abit different for you John, lovely card though.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip. xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this die set (it has sneaked onto my wish list) your card is lovely as well.
Have a wonderful time in Scotland.
Heather R Oxfordshire
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card. Enjoy your trip to Scotland.
B xx
Morning John, Lovely card, and I'm loving the papers too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. You are right, it is a fun card and I'm sure you will have lots of fun in Scotland. Hope you get to see a little of the countryside, it's stunning, as is Wales. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLovely card ,enjoy your Trip to scotland.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Love this card John great fun cardlive the papers.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time at craftworld safe journeys Love june horrocks xxxxxxx
Lovely card john x have a fantastic trip to Scotland x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Good Morning John, that is such a fabulous card for a mums birthday and the colour choice is just right. You will love Scotland and its history theres a lot to see and visit if you get a chance. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and it shows what a difference a paper can make. I have seen a few of this style of card before and not been very keen but this is so pretty, and I think its a mix of the lovely stripes and tartans and the so feminine colour.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Scotland, the people will make you very welcome.
Hugs to all
Helen xx
Good morning John Lovely card I like the coloured paper apron clever mix of papers
ReplyDeleteHope you have a successful visit to Scotland
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this design. It's amazing how many different styles that can be created using Sue's fabulous dies
I hope you realise you'll need extra layers of clothing for your visit! lol
Have a great time
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteyou're right, it's such a fun card. Makes me want to bake! (But I'd better not, keep eating the stuff :-) )
Hugs, Rose
This card is gorgeous John. Think this will have to go on my wish list. Enjoy Scotland. I am sure you will. Thank you for all your brilliant ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, the striped paper looks great used for the apron. Safe journey to Scotland, I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Very cute love it 😍
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewonderful card, and those papers used are very lovely.
I have made a few apron cards for friends that like to bake, and never had a die to do so.
So this die would be an excellent one to anyones collection or stash.
Love the stitched edges, and I really struggled with the pockets on mine.
Have a very lovely time north of the border.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi Jon,
ReplyDeleteSuper card today, so playful and fun. Like how you have used decorative paper in the design.
Beverly
Hi Jon,
ReplyDeleteSuper card today, so playful and fun. Like how you have used decorative paper in the design.
Beverly
Great card John. Hope you have a nice time in Scotland. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun card. It is so pretty in the patterned papers. I love how you've added shading to the rolling pin and wooden spoon
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a fun card and I am sure our baker friends would love it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love your fun card, looking forward to seeing your demos at Adrian's ( McOyster crafts) on Monday.
ReplyDeleteHazel
Lovely card John using Phill's pretty pink papers. Enjoy your first visit to
ReplyDeleteScotland even though it's a busy time for you.
Very pretty card John, anyone who love to be in the kitchen will definitely love to receive this card.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is a beautiful fun card and i love it.
ReplyDeleteNot only perfect for bakers but easily adapted for the male bbq kings too lol.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot often I use the word sweet for your cards but this is. Great for any baking friends.
Best wishes.
Ang x