Happy Friday,
AS I am back on Hochanda today at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and final call at 7pm then I am stretching the vintage Friday idea in that I am using a vintage embossing folder on today's sample from the shows! Full Vintage Friday next week promise ( I know I said that last week but I get confused lol)
I stared by embossing a piece of black foundation card with the honeycomb haven A4 embossing folder I then 'grouted' this using Sue Wilson's paper grouting technique using Berry Red sparkle texture paste from Cosmic shimmer ( I will be demoing this at some point today for anyone who has missed it in the past)
Next I cut the jewelled heart die from black foundation card and gently smoothed over silver metallic gilding Polish to highlight the beautiful detail on this die. I added this to a grouted panel made using the 8x8 love hearts embossing folder. I cut this panel into 2 and left a gap in the rich red background piece.
Next I made up a spray of the Chrysanthemum flowers and added silver and gold metallic gilding polish to the petals. I cut scrap grouted paper with the centre die in the flowers set and shaping these added them into the centre off the flowers along with the matching leaves.
The treat cut I added sliver chocolate wedding sweets and the new iced flake glitter jewels ( don't worry about getting the sweets out they aren't that nice!)
Enjoy...
This is indeed a very beautiful card John,enjoy your shows . I have a busy day ahead so i am hitting the record button .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Hello John, what an incredibly striking card, has a very gothic effect. Love it. Have a great day with the shows. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThis card is full of drama. Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
What a stunning card
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, super duper card today, watched the show last night and again this morning (just in case I missed anything), you did Sue proud, all those little tips etc. they really are so useful, I have a tip for you.........make sure you have your polishing cloth with you today ha ha !!" but at least it proves that the colour does not come off on your shirt cuff.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card. WOW
Jan
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card with very dramatic colours, managed to watch your show last night and it was very inspirational as always. Looking forward to today's shows have record button all set.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Very striking, enjoyed the show last night.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John what a stunning card today i love everything about it .will be watching the programe this morning
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Wow-great card, very striking.
ReplyDeleteMichele
A striking card John. The red sparkle glitter paste on blac looks amazing. You had some lovely samples on the show last night.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I enjoyed your show last night and I am looking forward to the shows today. I do have the hexagon embossing folder I must have a go at the grouting technique. Enjoy your day. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, stunning card. Enjoyed last nights show and like June watched the recording again today!!
ReplyDeleteAll todays shows are set to record but I will watch as many as I can.
Marion S x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegreat show last night - this card HAS to be my favourite (but then there are so many lovely samples that I cannot be sure :-) ).
Looking forward to today's....
Hugs, Rose
An absolutely beautiful card John. I enjoyed the show last night. I love paper grouting. I only learned to do it by watching you! It's a great technique.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA stunning card, wow!
B xx
Stunning card.Havent seen last nights show yet, but judging by the comments it's another cracker. Joycex
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA very dramatic card. Enjoued the show.
Lydia
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot big on the treat cup thingy but the card is magnificent. Love the opulent drama of the black and red.Great show last night. Hope no one from DVLA was watching as I'm not sure you're supposed to pimp up your licence with glitter paste lol!
Will get to watch the 9am show to keep my mind occupied with something nice and crafty.
Ang x
Fab card John, just catching up on lat nights show, xxx
ReplyDeleteJust watched last nights show. Some great samples. I love the grouting technique. I bought the chrysanthemum dies at the NEC yesterday, along with other CE goodies (!) and am looking forward to trying them this afternoon hopefully.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card This heart die so reminds me of vintage tattoos nice change to see a shaker style card but I'm not sure how often I'd use heart shaped treat cups ..... I have to admit, probably never ...
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John a beautiful card this morning and that treat cup really finishes of a fabulous layout and design. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteThis card is just SO gorgeous and I love your silver and gold flowers.
ReplyDeleteMorning John a very dramatic card today. Really like this. Hope to be able to catch you on TV
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, this is spectacular, sitting writing this and watching you on Hochanda and up comes this card as a sample. Brilliant. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Managed to watch all the shows so far. Brilliant. Will watch the 4and 7pm shows on Rewind later tonight. Thanks for all your tips and ideas.
ReplyDeleteoh my John! Dramatic and decadent, I love this card!!
ReplyDeleteJune x
Awesome card design.
ReplyDeleteHi John, excellent Shows so far, managed two so far.
ReplyDeleteYour card today is so dramatic, I love the black and red together, beautifully designed and embellished, Kate x
Love this card John the vibrant red it's beautiful thank you the dies are great
ReplyDeleteLove always June horrocks xxxxxxxxx
Beautiful card john it definitely one of those cards that catch your attention and hold on to it. Love it and loved all the shows today. Also loved the black and pink 80s card so hoping that it on your blog soon. All the best Pauline ( freedom99)
ReplyDeleteHi John Really gorgeous card I have been watching your shows today and there were lots of fabulous sample cards the heart dies are all so lovely and as you demonstrated can mix and match beautifully which means I will have to buy them all!! Well done on providing lots of ideas and inspiration
ReplyDeletejohn this definately has the Wow factor, i have not
ReplyDeletetried the paper grouting technique yet but i have this die
so i am definately going to try it.
The shows were fantastic as usual.
Stunning card john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning & so gorgeous
Lynda Brock xx
Fabulous card John. Have never tried backgrounds with paste but this one is gorgeous. Wonderful inspiration. X
ReplyDelete