Happy Thursday,
Yet another sample from my shows starting tomorrow night at 8pm on Hochanda ( Freeview channel 85, sky 663 or online at www.hochanda.com. This uses the stunning Easter basket which as you can see from the card can be used as a flat or raised basket on a card as well as a 3D basket.
I made this card to show how the basket works flat here just cut in antique copper pearl foundation card.
I stared by cutting the Gemma die into a 5" square of foundation card twice using just the detail die in the set. The brilliant thing about the frames and tags collection is that they are perfect for making smaller cards and can be layered to make the larger Mantelpiece pleasers. I cut the next 2 dies in the set in the pearl card and added these in the centre of the die cut white pattern before adding this to a larger mat of the copper.
Next I added the basket front as I said above this die has been designed to work this way I will demo how this cleverly folds on my Hochanda show on Friday and Saturday.
Finally I added the flowers and foliage from the spring foliage set which cuts the beautiful leaves as well as 2 different styles ion flowers. I added these as aspire on the front of the basket with 3mm pearls as the flower centres. I finished with a few mats and layers in the white, copper and Primrose foundation card. A bow cut with the die in the Easter basket with another flower and pearl finishes the card at the top of the basket.
I have loads more samples of this die to share with you all on the shows which start tomorrow evening at 8pm.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful card would make a great Easter card but as you said it is not just an Easter basket it makes a lovely gift bag for a small piece of jewellery or some sweets.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hello John, this card is beautiful, and is perfect for Easter, which is rushing up on us. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteAgree with Bridget this is perfect for Easter, lovely.Like the copper card.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove your basket card for Easter with the beautiful flowers.
Jan
Morning John, stunning card today, I am so looking forward to your show tomorrow night, I love seeing all the samples and ideas and looking forward to your unique talent with us viewers.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
That's really gorgeous. I love the use of the antique copper card, and the flowers set the whole thing off a treat! xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA great card, and you've used my favourite copper card. I saw Sue's video demonstrating the basket, it's a great die.
Chris xx
Hi John. A lovely card, great for Easter or a spring birthday. Love the copper card. Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning Johni love this card the antique copper card is just perfect for the basket and those flowers set it off so well
ReplyDeleteCatherine xxx
Lovely card , great for easter.x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love the colours.
B xx
Love the colours you have used here, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love the colours. The Gemma die makes a great background.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card, really beautiful. I really like how you have used the Gemma die in the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John, love the basket in antique copper. This card would make a great Easter card
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Gorgeous card John
ReplyDeleteI like this Especially as you've used the basket die flat
ReplyDeleteLove the basket John it's great the card is lovely see you tonight
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxxxx
Hi John. These dies are not my cup of tea I'm afraid, but I will still be watching of course. Perhaps you will persuade me otherwise.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSorry John but I find the background conflicting with the basket, it's a good thing we all like different things.
Lydia
X
stunning card john, i now wish i got the basket xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, sorry but I think you loose the basket in this card as the background seems to overpower it. Perhaps when I see it on TV I will change my mind.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFor me, just the basket with the flowers and a small border would have been perfect. I appreciate the work and how you've used the Frames dies but it's a tad too busy for me. Personal opinion, please don't take it to heart.
Hugs, Rose
This card is so so gorgeous, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI sort of wrote this Die off when it was launched as I couldn't see myself using it much. However it looks lovely with flowers and foliage on a card and it could even be filled with tiny flowers. I'm not too keen on the background either but it's personal taste isn't it . Great idea and lovely colours. Thank you .
Love Myra
Lovely John. I bought this die at Farnborough recently and have made a basket and have two more to make. Have bought small chocolate Easter Eggs to go in them for granddaughters and Gtgranddaughter. Sure they will love them. Now I have seen this card I will make some cards with basket as well. Would be good for your After School Club Myra. No I am not encouraging you to buy more dies😀 Thanks for your ideas John.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love how you have used the dies. I do have the basket die and I have made a flat card. I really should make some baskets. I hope your craft room gets sorted out quickly. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John I thought it was just me but I see others have had the same thought that the basket is lost by having a die cut background. Some pretty paper might make quite a difference. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteJohn this is another gorgeous card, i really love
ReplyDeletehow you have layered this up and the colour combo.
I am just so tempted by all these dies and spent an hour yesterday trying to decided whether to get the window set first or the basket but then remembered i wanted the candy machine too lol
The candy machine won and the basket is next.
Hi John lovely card the basket is cute I love the flowers they remind me of miniature daffodils
ReplyDeleteJohn I love your card, the colors are what I think sets it off so well.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Don't have the basket die but look forward to your shows to inspire me.
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI too am on the less is more bandwagon I'm afraid. I like the background but the basket does disappear into it.
Ang x