Another sample from yesterdays show this rime and effective card that is easy to make as the background is made from the waste from the flowers!
Started by cutting the Chrysanthemum dies in random places across a piece of Ruby foundation card. I repeated this until the sheet is covered and then added this to a piece of coconut white foundation card covered with double sided adhesive sheet. I then added clear micro beads to the exposed adhesive which seals the flowers and makes a lovely background pattern.
I then made up the flower using a layer of white to add a little difference to the flower. I used the centre die cut in deep cocoa in the centre to which I had added more of the micro beads.
I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of ruby and cut not out with one of the dies in the Jessica frames and tags die set. I cut the detail dies in the set in more of the cocoa and mounted this over white before adding the ruby stamped panel.
I added this to the left hadn't bottom of the card along with some of the amazing wispy fronds die and a couple of stick pins as well as the flower.
To finish I added a frame, cut with the noble double pierced background rectangles dies, cut in cocoa and a couple of layers of ruby, white and cocoa.
Enjoy...
Love this one, love this flower die too, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, absolutely gorgeous love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card it's so striking.
John.
Lovely John.Havent caught up with all of yesterday's shows yet, but enjoyed so. far.You are so inspirational.Thank-you. Joycex
ReplyDeleteLovely card, like how you carefully cut your dies so you can use that piece again.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card. Enjoying your shows, still some to watch, brilliant samples.
B xx
A beautiful and dramatic card John. Loved seeing you make it on TV yesterday and what a great idea to add the microbeads to the background. I have some of those microbeads and have never used them yet. Maybe I will now!
ReplyDeleteWhat a striking card John. So clean looking. Very beautiful. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a stunning card today, going to try this one, your shows were terrific, I could watch them all day long.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John, great card. I love how you use the "waste" to create. Enjoyed your shows.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Congrats on your brilliant shows John loved em love this card sue colours brill thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the striking card today.
I haven't been commenting on your beautiful creations lately as having issues with google keeps signing me out and forgetting passwords.
Also been very busy quilting & babysitting.
Keep up the great work, and hope your shelves don't collapse again.
Maggie
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love how you have used the waste it is such a good use of card. Your shows were amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteLoving your card and the flower it cuts.
I actually love the effect the die leaves after being cut out even more. I have not bought the Die yet!! it is on order though.
Thank you for all your great shows.
Patricia X
Great card-the negative effect looks like fireworks exploding, stunning.
ReplyDeleteMichele
A very effective card, John. I love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, lovely card, simple but so effective. It really does pop. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, enjoyed the shows.
Lydia
X
Hi John, this card is stunning, one of my favourite colour combos, and the result is perfect. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteWonderful card John, love the flower die
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, A WOW card... Loved watching you create this card and the colours are amazing.. Enjoyed watching your shows and have ordered the Apron to have a play.... Wendy
ReplyDeleteStunning card and very arty photography. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLoving this !.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this bold creation. Really enjoyed your show too
June x
A lovely card John. After your wonderful demos, I'm going to think more carefully about how I die cut so I can create more from waste. Thank you for a brilliant tip.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good Morning John fabulous card and what a clever way to use the cutting out paper as a background paper, love that flower die. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed the Shows yesterday and learned a lot as usual! I've still got one Show to watch! A lovely card today and fairly simple as you said! I do love the foliage - it's different from anything else Sue has done. The flower too is lovely. I've ordered the apron - it will add to my components for the Shadow Box too!
Thanks for all your hard work! It is appreciated.
Love Myra
Gorgeous card John. Your background idea is great. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMorning John another great card. I always forget about using micrograms so thank you for reminding me.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
John you are very frugal, using the waste is what I always try to do.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletethis is a gorgeous card, very contemporary. Red and black for me is always a winning colour combo.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John, I loved watching you create this on tv, the effect was fabulous, and a brilliant way of using the negative and positive with these dies.
ReplyDeleteI loved all your shows, but the distractions with all the shadows was so distracting, I hope Hochanda get the lighting sorted, but even though it was distracting it didn't detract from your fabulous tips and techniques, thank you.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Loving this card John. Thank you for sharing this. Enjoyed all the shows yesterday. Have added more dies to my wish list.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is stunning, i really love that background
ReplyDeleteand the beautiful flower.
Hi John I really ;love this card its beautiful and so clever to use the card you cut the flowers from
ReplyDeleteGreat idea John and a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteVery effective using the apertures instead of the flowers.
Can't wait to get hold of this die.
Ang x