Happy Thursday,
Don't forget to join me over the next 4 days if you are near Glasgow or Fife for my first ever Scottish demo days!
Again another relatively simple card that I am hoping to demo on Hochanda this month.
I cut the Olivia die in bright white foundation card then cut the detail into another piece before adding CE Heat resistant Acetate behind this.
Next I careful painted Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter glue using the Highlighter behind the die cut. I brushed the glue onto selected sections in the same way as I would if colouring alternating sections. I then added Sea Green Polished Silk Glitter. I then added a layer of the glue to other sections and added Ice Blue Polished Silk Glitter. Finally I painted the glue on the remaining sections and added turquoise Glitter to this.
I mounted this over a piece of double sided adhesive sheet and added Icicle Sparkle glitter jewels to offset the glitter and make this simple card more luxurious!
Enjoy...
Absolutely gorgeous card John love the way you spread the different colours behind the die cut and the glitter just sets it off.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful, a stunning card and such a gorgeous intricate die.
ReplyDeleteChris xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery different die today such an intricate die it makes a beautiful card with your coloured glitters.
Jan
Hi john.
ReplyDeleteWell this is another beauty, thank you.
Have fun kitty.
Hi John, it may be a simple card, but it is gorgeous, the colours are beautiful. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, beautifully elegant card from you today, will be watching Hochanda when you are next on, and if this wasn't raised up then it would go in the post nicely too. Enjoy yourself over the next 4 days, wish I could be with you.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Simple but beautiful . Joycex
ReplyDeletelove this card, simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Very elegant card today. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day in Scotland.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Good morning Joe this is a gorgeous card I love the design. I am looking forward to seeing the demonstration for this one. I hope you are having a wonderful time in Scotland. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, clean crisp card
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I have this die, must try this technique.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John. Great card. Sometimes simple is best and this is a wonderful example. Have fun in Scotland. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card-simply elegant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow, a real stained glass window - gorgeous.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a stunning card today. I love it.
Maggie
That's beautiful John. Love the simplicity. The die and glitter say it all.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, great card, would wouldlove to see it in real life as I suspect the photos don't do do it it justice.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love this card, John. The colours are stunning.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Gorgeous card , loving this .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John, A lovely card. Enjoy your demo days in Scotland.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card although green is not a colour I like.
Wish I had known sooner that you were at the SECC, would have made arrangements to be there. Wish these things were more widely advertised.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card. Hope you are having a ball in Scotland.
Lydia
x
That's gorgeous. I was talking to a friend yesterday and we both agreed that we love your technique for adding glitter in this way. Have a great time in Scotland! xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John love it enjoy your days in Scotland safe journeys
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Wow at first glance this looks such a simple card but there is a lot of thought and work gone into painting each of the sections with glue and then glittering them. No room for getting mixed up with the section you are painting or the glitter will not have that lovely sharp clean look. Well done on this one John, a very clever idea.
ReplyDeleteHugs to all
Helen xx
Good Morning John I bet laying the glitter was a trial not to get sections muddled I remember watching Jayne Nesterenko doing the same thing with the Mandella stamps. Its a stunning card and I love the whole design. I hope you thoroughly enjoy being in Scotland wish I could be there to. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautifully elegant card, love the colours too.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful card John, love silk glitter and looking forward to you demoing this on Hochanda. Enjoy your time in Scotland
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card - as I've said to Sue W. it takes a lot of confidence to make a CAS card. But yours and Sue's are just stunners.
Colours - lovely.
Beautiful card John. Thank you for the instructions too.
ReplyDeleteSimply Exquisite xx
ReplyDeleteSimply Exquisite xx
ReplyDeleteHi John Beautiful card the die is stunning &the colours are gorgeous
ReplyDelete1 word - amazing ☺ have fun up north. Watch out for the haggis, oh, and dress appropriately it's 'cold' 😉 xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA stunning CAS card. I love it!
How are you coping with the cold and accents? lol
June x
How exciting for you on your trip to Scotland. Your card is amazing and I am sure it is more gorgeous in "real life". I don't think the photo shots do the design the justice it deserves. Looking forward to you demonstrating this design on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and I expect the photo is not doing it justice Enjoy Fife - got your kilt on...?
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. I have this die and it's beautiful. Thank you. Don't thinki will attempt it until I see it on Hochanda. Enjoy Scotland. Wish I could be there.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. I like how the glitter brings out the color in the Icicle Sparkle glitter jewels.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is simple but ever so stunning. i love
ReplyDeletethe colours from the glitter and the sparkling edge too.
Absolutely perfect.
Very elegant yet stunning card John. Love the shades of green that you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA simple but effective all occasion card. It's a smasher.
Ang x