Happy Sunday,
Its my Last day at the SECC craft show in glasgow today I have to stay I have had a fabulous time and meet so many lovely people! Tomorrow I will be demoing my new Stamp Range as well as new cosmic shimmer and SW die range at McOyster Crafts in Fife form 930 till 3pm, my last day in Scotland.
I thought today I would share a different project made with the same peony stamp as I used on yesterdays card. This time its a canvas but its really easy to do as its all made with pixie powders.
I stamped the peony and heat embossed it with detail black embossing powder. I then mastered off the stamped image and added straw yellow pixie powder to the rest on the canvas. I then lightly sprinted the canvas with water to activate the pixie powders.
I then overstepped the knotted woodgrain stamp over the masked image using a sepia ink pad.
Next I used candy Pink pixie powder to colour the peony adding white pearl to the mix to shed the colours by mixing with water in a palette and using a water brush to paint the flower.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful canvas lovely art work.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Beautiful piece of artwork John.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your inspiration.
Jan
Morning John, I love doing these small canvases and this is perfect for that and I love the stamp on top I'm not a lover of yellow but really like the effect on this canvas a great project I think I will be trying this one. Glad you enjoyed Glasgow it was great seeing you but you were so busy at SECC yesterday when I came by I didn't get a chance to speak to you but the demos were great at Craftworld hope you come back another time.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely canvas and beautiful peony.
Chris xx
Beautiful John.Would love this hanging in my home.Joycex
ReplyDeleteA lovely piece of artwork
ReplyDeleteLoving your canvas John .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great canvas.
B xx
Morning John, love the stamp and the way you have done it on canvas.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the last day of the show, I bet you have been so busy
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John I love your canvas that stamp is gorgeous. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time in Scotland. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely project-just needs framing now.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous canvas, it would grace any wall, love it.
Lydia
X
This is lovely, John. I could certainly give it house room!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, that is a really stunning canvas, love the way the Peony is coloured. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteReally effective John.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest rest of your time in Scotland.
Jan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful artwork, love the stamp.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Lovely work of art. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John so glad youve enjoyed your trip to Scotland my daughter lives near Hamilton and its such a beautiful country such a same its so far away for me. Have a fabulous time tomorrow, enjoy today and thank you for a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely canvas John. This would look well on anyone's wall.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Love the canvas John, it makes a nice change from a card sometimes. Enjoy the rest of your time in Scotland. Hope the weather is better than the rain and wind we have here. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove this canvas John glad you have had a brill time take. Are
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Your stamps are perfect for canvases Enjoy your last day xx
ReplyDeletelooks wonderful on canvas John, xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful canvas John, your stamp is perfect for this.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Fantastic canvas john x the colourings brilliant and such a beautiful stamp x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Good morning John what a beautiful canvas such a good idea the peony is gorgeous
ReplyDeleteGlad you've enjoyed your visit to Scotland
Loving the canvas, John.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Beautiful piece of art John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteYou do make me smile when your post reads like a speech from that policeman on Allo Allo lol!
Your canvas is stunning. I bet it shines with the pixies. Love it!
Enjoy your last couple of days in Scotland.
Ang x
Wow John this is fabulous, what a great idea to do this on canvas, would love to try this, but I know it would not turn out like yours and would be destined for the bin.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe journey home.
Wendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful piece of art
June x
Lovely canvas John.
ReplyDeleteLovely canvas John. Not sure if I saw this one at Farnborough. I saw some and they were beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Two of my friends will be there.
ReplyDeleteFabulous canvas John. Love the colours. My friend Kate and I were disappointed not to have seen you on Thursday at the SECC. Maybe next time if you come back to Scotland. Hugs Rita xxx
ReplyDeleteFabulous canvas John. Love the Peony done on a different medium!
ReplyDeleteI've been toying with trying a canvas project and this looks achievable! I don't have this stamp yet but I think it'll be a good investment.
ReplyDeleteBTW -Isn't it time to turn off the preditive text!!!???
A great piece of artwork John xx
ReplyDeleteStunning canvas John, I love the bloom and your pretty colours, lovely background too.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased to hear that you are enjoying your visit to bonnie Scotland, would be wonderful if you got to the Highlands, Kate x
John this is fantastic, i really like this stamp
ReplyDeletedone on a canvass.
I hope you have it hanging on a wall, would be a shame not to have this beauty on display.
Absolutely love this.
Good morning John what a beautiful canvas such a good idea the peony is gorgeous
ReplyDeleteGlad you've enjoyed your visit to Scotland
Love your new flower stamp range. Good size. Lovely canvas.
ReplyDeleteMaria x