Another couple of the samples from todays shows on Hochanda Today I am sharing cards made with the Apron die and the Easter basket, this time an actual easter card!
This first card is made as a card blank using the die to make the blank. Next I cut the apron again in hessian fabric from the DCWV everyday wreath 12x12 paper pad I have on the show. I then shaded around the the apron using a smoothie and archival jet black ink to add some age to the gardening apron.
I then sued the dies from the window box die to make the flowers gathered in the pockets of the apron. I finally used some black twine as the loop and ties for the apron and a perfect card for a gardener made!
Next is the easter basket where I have again used just the front die to make a flat basket on the front. This is another demo on the show so tune in to see how this was made heres a close up of the basket!
Don't forget to join me, if you can, today on Hochanda at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and final call at 7pm!
Enjoy...
Wow John
ReplyDeleteBoth your cards are brilliant, looking forward to the shows today to see them demonstrated.
Chris xx
Morning John, two fabulous cards not managed to watch last nights show yet but will be catching up with them later as I have set to record today's too don't want to miss anything.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi john.
ReplyDeleteThank you a great show last night.
Lovely cards today.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Two lovely cards John.Enjoyed last nights show, love the dies.Joycex
ReplyDeleteGood morning John your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. Your show was brilliant last night. I am looking forward to your shows today. The new building looks amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards, just love the different take on the hessian apron card.
Jan
Two great cards. Looking forward to catching up with your shows (busy last evening and this morning).
ReplyDeleteB xx
Two really great cards. Looking forward to watching your shows later today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Both great cards. Love the apron one made for a gardener. Clever idea. Enjoyed the show last night, but a bit distracted by the Easter tree throwing shadows on your face. Thought there was something wrong with my TV at first!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards today. However your demo with the basket was the real winner - have bought it as there seem to be so many uses for it.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, oh you were super yesterday on Hochanda, I looked at the repeat of it again this morning in case I had missed anything, thank you so much for the tips. Also a big thank you to your Priory ladies who made such beautiful samples, the basket tree looked really good, pity it took up half of the screen though as you looked quite cramped on screen.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to today's shows, I wonder what you will come up with today.............keep us guessing.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Amazing cards John.. Really enjoyed the show last night. I am sorry I am working to day but will be catching your shows this evening. I love all the different ways you was showing the dies..... Wendy
ReplyDeleteVery sweet John, saw the show last night and I adore your basket tree. xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John, two fabulous cards this morning, have not watched last nights show yet, looks like I am in for a treat, and todays are being recorded too. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the cards John last night you were brill loved the demos and tips thank you love June horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards As much as I love versatility in using dies I also like ones that do "what it says on the tin" and get variations on just changing the colours etc I hope that makes sense
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful cards, John. Just watching you make the butterfly card - these dies were my favourite from the latest release. Love that hessian fabric.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John those two cards are just fabulous love the Easter Card and I will probably get one of those done for my great grandsons. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx Love your show last night though this morning repeat some of the sound sink were out of kilter.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, two great cards.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed last nights shows and the recorder has been set for all of todays shows.
Marion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLoving both ,but hey the apron is really something .
Elaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLoving that apron - so versatile.
And of course, the second card is also lovely, will soon be making some of them, too.
And last but not least, your show last night was great - those samples blew me over.
Recording today's and will watch later as time permit. Have a great day.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. Such pretty cards. I will have to watch on catch up today, but looking forward to seeing all your shows. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou have done wonderful things with these dies .
Great show last night and watching now.
The Breedon gals have done you proud with their baskets.
Ang x
Morning John, two fantastic cards for us today. Love the first card with the hessian apron.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove both of these cards and enjoyed last night's show. I have today's recorded
June x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards today! Wow you have been very busy! I thoroughly enjoyed last night's show and today's midday one! Will watch the earlier one on Catch up! The tree looks lovely as do all your beautiful Easter baskets! Like the idea of making apron shaped cards or tags they looked lovely.
Many thanks, John and safe journey home!
Love Myra
love the cards John, you have wet my appetite to get these dies now!!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant cards John, love them.
ReplyDeleteEnjoying your shows, you have worked so hard. I did not think I needed the basket but you have changed my mind.
Patricia x
Hi John, I managed to catch your last show, the other will be on catch-up, I was hoping to watch you create an Easter Basket, as I bought this die when Sue launched them, I managed to see your baskets on the tree but think I missed you making one. These two cards are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely projects John. Managed to watch last nights show, part of the 9am and just watched the 4pm one. Need to see the rest of the 9am show and the 12 show in Catchup. Thank you for all your brilliant ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi John I've just finished watching your last show I loved the baskets and the apron cards your demos were amazing and the samples were superb I missed the (.am show and the midday one but will watch those on catch up tomorrow. Congratulations on your fantastic shows and thank you for your inspiration only problem is now I want to buy all the dies!
ReplyDeleteTwo Lovely cards John. Love the hessian apron and the pretty Easter basket.
ReplyDeleteYour shows on hochanda were very informative and you made some great cards.
Wow John these are two fabulous cards, i really like the apron and that it is a opening card which has suprised me lol.
ReplyDeleteI must say that easter basket is my favourite as it is stunning with those pretty flowers and the cute rabbit.