Happy Monday,
Sorry todays post is late for some reason it didn't go live! As I was in Norfolk yesterday running a workshop for a lovely group of ladies and a gent I missed that this had not posted!
Todays card uses the rippled striplet as a background the brilliant thing about this die is that it can stack down a piece of card to make a background where all the edges line up. I will be demoing g this technique on Hochanda soon.
Once I had made the background in duck egg blue foundation card I then cut the centre out using the outline die from the jessica frames and tags die. I then added 2 of the stitched flags over the 'hole' and then added back the cut piece on top. I framed this by cutting the detail die in the jessica in french navy and added this around the cut piece.
I made up 3 of the chrysanthemum flowers in coconut white with duck egg centres and arranged these around the edge on a set of the whisky fronds die cuts in cobalt.
A classic card but I love the colours!
Enjoy...
Good Morning John.. Beautiful card, worth the wait. You have been busy the past few days, really enjoyed your shows... Wendy
ReplyDeleteMorning John, beautiful card that is what came to mind too well worth the wait.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely card with beautiful flowers.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Beautiful card John in great colours and those flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Great card John, I love the flowers and the colour combo. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, loving these flowers, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card today, I love the colours as well.
Best go babysitting duties today, might take the grandkids to the park ( haven't told their Grandad yet lol)
Have a great day
Maggie
Good morning John! A stunningly beautiful card this morning. Thank you again for a wonderful workshop yesterday. I, and all my friends, enjoyed it immensely.
ReplyDeleteTake care. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk.
P.S. Thank you for remembering us in this morning's blog!
So pretty and in my favourite colours
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Jan
Stunner today John love it the dies are beautiful as are the flowers
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxxxxxx
What a clever use of the striplet die. A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Better late than never John, wonderful card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, another super card today, looking forward to seeing the shows. Hope your weekend went well, you are so busy.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteLove this delightful card but feeling a tad sorry for poor 'Rippled Jennifer' ;) lol
June x
Morning John, great card, and well worth waiting for,
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, - she might be a bit rippled, but Jennifer looks delighful! :-)
Hugs, Rose
Good Morning John, a fabulous card this morning love the design and the diecuts. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteFantastic card, I have the Striplet. I love what you have done with it.
ReplyDeleteI am mass producing my "flowers" at the moment. Once done I might have a go doing similar with your design l
Patricia x
Gorgeous card John. I really must get these flowers. Didn't think I needed them until we used them at the workshop. Changed my mind now. Thank you for sharing this. Looking forward to you demonstrating this on Hochanda
ReplyDeleteHi John I think I am going mad as I just commented on a card for a post which appeared on my phone . This was an Easter basket with greenery made from a flower die. Then this post appeared which has today's date on it and the one I wrote on has disappeared. Strange or spooky? Have I seen tomorrow's early?? Anyway back to this card and the super striplet background really makes the card. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteIgnore me I'm going gaga...the card I commented on was Sue's!!
DeleteMe Too love ❤️ love ❤️ the colors!!! Well Done!!!
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card and the fact that it was late passed me by completely!! Careful Brenda and Patricia!!
Love your colours and I'm afraid I've fallen for those flowers too and the foliage! From Fife to Norfolk in a week with Tv Shows in the middle is what I call busy John!
Take care.
Love and many thanks, Myra
Good afternoon John this is a stunning card I love the design and the dies are perfect. Enjoy the rest of the day. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteDisappointed that I could not watch your shows on hochanda. Seems something happened to the videos and they would not play except about 18 minutes of the first show.
ReplyDeleteHi John such a pretty card I love the way you've used the striplet and the flowers are gorgeous
ReplyDeletejohn this is absolutely beautiful, i love the colours
ReplyDeleteand your flowers are gorgeous.
John what was up with the Hochanda feed for your shows, could only see you for about 18 min then no you but I could still hear you but a little hard to see what you were doing!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John love this card the colour is lovely and the flowers are devine .
ReplyDeleteCatherine hugs .
Hello John, a beautiful card, love the colours. Bx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteStunning card but does need a sentiment imho lol!
The duck egg is lovely (I'm biased 🐥) and looks great with the navy and white.
I didn't think I wanted this Striplet but...........
As for the whiskey fronds lol?
Ang x