Happy Saturday,
A little more drama for today and one of my first cards made using the new Foundations mirror card. I haven't been a fan of mirror card recently as it can look a little brassy however this one has a strong gold colour and as you can tell from the picture doesnt crack when embossed.
I started by embossing a piece of mirror card wth the honeycomb haven A4 embossing folder which as mentioned didn't crack nor show any of the white backing.
Next I added 2 strips of black seam binding which works really well on the mirror card as it is slightly transparent so the colour shows through a little.
Next I cut the Jewelled heart in gold and in black cutting the centre heart out from the gold version and cutting the centre from the laced heart in the middle of the black heart. I then added the gold over the black to make a shadow and then added the centre cut gold heart behind this.
I then simply added a seam binding bow with added gold metallic linx and a Creative Expressions vintage button in the centre. The sentiment its made using the Love sentiment die in the jewelled heart die as a tag on line of the fall away hearts form the centre.
Enjoy...
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous it's amazing all the different ways you can use these hearts dies.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another great card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card.
Have a great day
Maggie
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic card.Stunning.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic.
B xx
Fabulous, dramatic card John. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
D xx
Wow-great card, very dramatic & opulent.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Beautiful dramatic card John.really like the hearts dies.Joycex
ReplyDeleteMorning John wow love black and gold so dramaticand the beautiful heart die togather they make such a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Very dramatic John. I have never been a Miri card fan, but this looks good. Have a great weekend X I have gotmy1 year old Grandson for the weekend, so not much crafting for me! Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I totally agree about the mirror card, it really is superb quality, you can see that from your sample here. Love the card by the way, you have inspired so many people, do you realize that.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Very ornate I'm not a huge fan of mirri card just lately (but I have a ton of it, those early days of card making eh?) good to know this one doesn't crack when embossed
ReplyDeleteLovely card and that jewelled heart so reminds me of old tattoos
Hi John, a stunning and very dramatic card, love the look of the embossed mirri card, great that it does not crack, like some of the cheaper ones do. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John todays card would be ideal as a Golden Wedding card its really striking. hugs Shirleyx
ReplyDeleteVery classy card John. Love it. Xx
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Very dramatic - I love it !!
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic but very beautiful I love this card as nanaflash said brill for golden wedding card thank you John what a gifted chap you are
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxxx
Fantastic Card John, Love the embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
What a dramatic card, John. I need to get some of this mirri card - my stock is low and it all appears to be that very brassy colour.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Loving this look .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. I do like mirror card is has it's place it looks fab on your card. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card. Colour combo right up my street.
Hugs, Rose
Happy sunny morning John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, really love the dramatic look
June x
This is gorgeous John. Very dramatic and opulent. I love the effect of embossed mirror card.
ReplyDeleteWow I think this card is stunning I shy away from black for card making for obvious reason but this as inspired me to give it a try
ReplyDeleteStunning card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Wow! absolutely brilliant, love it.
ReplyDeletePatricia x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteClassy not brassy, just like your good self 😆. I don't know why but makes me think of the lid of a very posh box of chocolates and equally as delicious!
Ang x
Gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John xx it definitely has the WOW factor xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John xx it definitely has the WOW factor xx
ReplyDeleteWow John, I absolutely love this. It is amazing. The colours are so dramatic and effective. Love it.
ReplyDeleteWow love this card John. I have all the heart dies on order and should come very soon but shh! don't tell Myra. 😀. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning, superb and brilliant design.
I must invest in some of that mirror card as it looks really very luxurious and gorgeous.
I agree with Ang it also reminds me of a very posh box of chocolates lid, but then I love chocolate, and would be tempted by that lid even if it didn't have chocolates in as it's so very beautiful.
I could just do with that heart die today for a project I'm making.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI've lost my voice so it's quiet around here today!! Lol!
What a lovely card! I , like many others, used mirri card years ago and then went off it! Now we have new ways to use it. It's a lovely gold though!
I saw that Brenda! You are impossible!
Love Myra
John this card is totally amazing and stunning and i love it.
ReplyDeleteI love the black and gold together, makes it so elegant.
Hi John stunning card I love the EF & the mirror card looks amazing
ReplyDeleteBeautiful striking card john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Beautiful card John. Love the black and gold together. Very Opulent. x
ReplyDelete