Happy Friday,
Todays Vintage card a new card or project made with older collections, gives truth to the saying all that glitters isn't gold! I love this combination of Gilding Flakes and Black Gloss card and thought it would work so well with the Scandinavian collection. I have left this card pretty simple with no flowers or foliage as I think the gilding flakes are enough of a statement ( and maybe the largish bow I guess lol)
I cut the Scandinavian background in black gloss card and cut it out using the no 3 die in the noble double pierced background dies. I added this to a pice of double sided adhesive and added the gilding flakes over this so that they stuck where the adhesive is exposed.
I made a frame using the oslo die in the black gloss and again added gilding flakes. I repeated this with the rest of the dies in the set mounting them all over the background.
I added strip of copper lace and added a bow as shown.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card I never really liked gloss card until I saw Some of your samples yesterday at Craftworld with the gold gilding polish, they were beautiful, it was fabulous seeing you and watching you live, I was your finger helper from the 2-4 session sitting in the front. Hope we see you back again I hope to get to the SECC on Saturday but not sure yet.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Georgous love ❤️ Black and Gold!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a dramatic card today. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great time in Scotland.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hello John, a very ornate card with the gilding flakes and the copper bow. It is beautiful. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteWow John this is a stunner, thank you.
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a good weekend Kitty.
Morning John, wow what a stunner today, gorgeous, please keep these revivals coming, they rekindle the inspiration for us all.
ReplyDeleteHope all is going well in Scotland.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a striking card, I love the Black against the gilding flakes and that's such a fantastic bow.
Chris xx
Absolutely stunning card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
What a stunning card
ReplyDeleteA very beautiful card , i love it all .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Gorgeous card, very dramatic.m
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love gilding flakes the dies are beautiful too. It is good to have inspiration for older dies. I hope you are enjoying your time in Scotland. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteVery opulent card John ,beautiful. Joycex
ReplyDeleteGood to see a return to an older collection which was my first buy and remains my favourite. Like the combination of gilding flakes and black gloss card. Wonder how it would look with my precious and carefully hoarded calypso flakes.
ReplyDeleteT
Wow John, that is a statement card, very rich and opulent, just love it. Hope your trip north of the border is going well. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteoh my word this card is gorgeous and stunning.
I love this superb design, and your pins are superb also.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, i love the lace ribbon bow it complements the richness of the card.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow! a very dramatic card. Gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Morning John this card is fabulous and just shows what a good idea it is to visit the older dies as it reminds us of dies that are on our wish list that we have somehow forgotten.
ReplyDeleteWendy x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really opulent and elegant card, love the lace ribbon and I have the Scandinavian collection so may give it a try.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
I agree with Heather, opulent and elegant are the right words to describe this card, John.
ReplyDeleteHope you are enjoying Scotland.
Anne (Northampton)
Good Morning John a really beautiful and stylish card this morning I love the background. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John Beautiful card very intricate dies I love the gilding flakes they provide some lovely bling!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend
Good morning John, stunning card today, gloss black and gilding flakes is very striking.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
That's an amazing opulent card John. It looks very expensive!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, very rich. Would make a lovely Golden Wedding card.
Hope you are enjoying your time in Scotland, we have had nice weather this week, shame you are stuck inside!
John, this is stunning. Looks very opulent. Xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteFull of drama and glamour.......a bit like your good self lol! Its a superb card and reminds me I should use the flakes more often.
Hope your sporran is behaving 😆.
Ang x
A real wow card today John, love the shiny black and the gilding flakes but also love that copper lace bow. Not normally a fan of oversized bows but this card carries that copper lace to perfection - reminds me of an exotic bird tail lol
ReplyDeleteHope you are having fun in Glasgow.
Hugs to all
Helen xx
Morning John, Gorgeous, and very sumptuous, I love it !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
I absolutely love this card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, dramatic card. I love it.
ReplyDeleteWOW John... a truly fabulous design. It's stunning and I love your colour choices
ReplyDeleteHope everything is going to plan in Scotland
June x
Fab card John. Was lovely to meet you yesterday, the demo's were really informative and a great day was had by Marie any myself.:-)
ReplyDeleteOh my, such an elegant card today. Your bow is not too much. Because the ribbon is light and airy, it does not detract from the wonderful gilding flakes. I am so glad you are revisiting some of the older die collections. I have a "few" older collections, but fairly new to card making and can use the suggested card designs. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Scotland. Be careful and have fun.
ReplyDeleteVery different looking card John. Thanks for the look back!
ReplyDeleteHi John a beautiful card today thank you so much xxxx
ReplyDeleteWow Jhon this is a luxurious and stunning card.
ReplyDeleteI love the black gloss with the gilding flakes, it brings
out the rich gold perfectly.
Gold looks gorgeous on black. Very elegant, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Very opulent! I will try this as I have all of the ingredients - except that particular set of dies Maybe I will try with a Spellbinders Mandela die - keeping to the "old" theme
ReplyDeleteWonderful John, so opulent as Karen says, xxx
ReplyDeleteWow john what a stunning opulent card x its beautiful x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
fab card ,stunning ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteStunning card John. Black and gold look so good together.
ReplyDeleteWow! This is gorgeous John. Just love it. Thanks fir sharing. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Scotland.
ReplyDelete