Happy Wednesday,
Another sample card from my shows last week on Hochanda this time a classic petticoat card made using the Antlia Gemini die.
I stared by cutting panel with the outline die from the Olivia frame and tags die. next I cut the detail die into another panel again in white. next I embossed piece of wisteria and lilac card with the detail die. I cut the centre from the lilac and added this on top of the wisteria embossed piece before fitting it back into the white die cut. This gives the look of a paper pieced panel which is a lot quicker than paper piecing.
For the petticoat section i cut a strip of coconut white foundation card using the detail and one of theses form the Antlia Gemini die. I backed this with wisteria using the cutting edge to match the edge of the white. I repeated this and backed the second with lilac card. I then mounted these above each other and added the olive panel at the top.
I made up the card as shown using layers of the three colours and added a lilac bow form satin ribbon from my stash.
Enjoy...
Morning John, I love this card the dies the colours everything I just think it is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you this is a lovely card, so pretty.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Love everything about this card John, so pretty.Joycex
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh I do like this one, I know it is similar to one you had on here last week or so but they are all different in some way or another and they do give everyone inspiration. It really does look like a lace petticoat hanging down and the centre is gorgeous, I love putting the different colours into the shapes (can't think of the word I am looking for for this technique - must be my age!!!)
ReplyDeleteOh I liked your you tube video on the glitter kiss, want to see lots more of these please. xx
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful - that's the only word for this card!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
The more I see the Olivia die the more I like it. A great way to create the paper piecing effect and great colours too xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. I love it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI hope the fire wasn't too close to home last night and didn't affect your power supply.
Have a great day.
D xx
Very pretty, great technique. Thank you for sharing this on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous card, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteMy favourite card of your shows so pretty, so clever, great technique.
Jan
Good morning John this is such a pretty card I love the soft colours. I don't do paper piecing but I might try this technique. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John
ReplyDeleteThis is another WOW card for me! The colours are fabulous!
On my blog today I've used the 'petticoat' design, the large pearl dazzler and lilac and wisteria card!! In all honesty, I have to say your card is by far the nicer one
June x
Another gorgeous card John, and lovely colours. I must try your faux paper piecing technique - it's so effective!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, lovely colours.
B xx
Good morning John, very pretty card in pretty colours.
ReplyDeleteLoved your facebook video on the new glitter kiss, might have to buy some of that.
Marion S x
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove today's absolutely STUNNING card it's exquisite!
I was amazed, how embossing and placing can give the effect of Paper Piecing when you showed us and it works beautifully.
Patricia x
You said a while back that 'Life is too short to paper pierce' . I find it therapeutic but it is time consuming and always bits go missing so I'll have a go this way.
ReplyDeleteLove the colour choice.
Jan
N
This faux paper piecing is so effective A pretty delicate card
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
X
What a gorgeous card, John. A very clever way of getting the paper piecing technique.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, a beautiful card, the soft pastel colours are a perfect combination. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi johna gorgeous card the more i see that die the more i want it love tbe colour combo too .
ReplyDeleteCatherine .xx
Lovely. I must try this faux paper piecing technique when I have a minute. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, such a pretty card to brighten up a dull rainy day. Love the colour combination. Have just added another die to my ever increasing wish list.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good Morning John wow what a beautiful card love the lace edge and the olivia die in the center. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteSo gorgeous .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hello John, beautifully designed card and such a pretty colour theme, I do love these lace dies, Kate x
ReplyDeleteOh John this card is beautiful I love it the dies the colours everything
ReplyDeleteThank you
Love June horrocks xxxxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLoving your lacey look card today. Would make a gorgeous wedding card.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous card, as was the one on the day before but had trouble with posting my comments - wouldn't allow me to. Better luck today..
Hugs, Rose
Hi John I watched you demo this card I love the way you have used the embossed die cut to look like paper piecing very clever and so much easier I will have to try this technique
ReplyDeleteHello John, This card is absolutely stunningly beautifully stylish. I love the design, the colours and the technique. I must try this technique for myself but I doubt the result will be as beautiful as yours! Thank you again. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty. The colour combo works just perfectly.
Very pretty indeed.
Ang x
Gorgeous card John, love how you made the paper piercing. Take care x
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI'm late again! Been quite a day . However had to say how much I love this beautiful card. It really is gorgeous.
Thank you,
Love Myra
John this is another amazing card, i do love the olivia die
ReplyDeletebut have yet to get it.
Everytime i see you use it i want it even more.
The colours are beautiful and i love the frills from the dies at the bottom of the card.
I have just watched the video you did for the glitter kiss and i just had to buy some lol
Do you know what a good sales man you are, i hope you are getting comission lol
I watched you when you demoed this card, love the Olivia die. Love the petticoat effect. Thanks for sharing John.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteanother wonderful and stunning design.
That paper piecing must have taken you ages to do but the end result is so very stunning.
Would love a petticoat made with that pattern lace.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Really lovely card John. Might have to nick that idea, if you don't mind!
ReplyDeleteBeautful card John.
ReplyDelete