Happy Friday,
Back to Vintage Friday and a rhapsody in blue today lol. I thought I would like to make a card that allowed me to create a rose as I haven't really tried for a long time and I was hoping to get it right, you will have to let me know what you think?
I stared by cutting the Caribbean background into a piece of coconut white foundation card using just the outline and one level of detail form the die. I then added this to a piece of double sided adhesive and added diamond snow in the corners and Blue large mica flakes in the centre panel as shown.
Next I framed this using the noble double pierced background dies cut in coconut white and blue dusk. I foam mounted the frame over the piece and then added stick on crystals to all the points in the centre oval.
I then debated what to put in the centre as I wanted to feature the rose so I stamped the poem / sentiment from my Vintage Rose clear stamp set ( these will be on the One Day Special on Hochanda on April the 11th and 12th) onto a piece of coconut white and cut it out using the stitched banners die set backing this with a larger flag in the blue dusk.
I added this over the centre oval and added a messy bow of wrinkled edge ribbon in white and a hat pin form the Sue Wilson stick pin elements set.
I then added the rose on the centre over 2 of the rose leaves cut form the Christmas Rose set shaded with blue sky colour cloud blending ink. The rose was made form various layers of coconut white petals / flowers cut form the Camellia complete petals set. I shaded this with more of the sky blue colour cloud and added diamond snow to add some sparkle!
It would be great to hear what you think and whether I got the rose right?!?
Enjoy...
Fabulous card and the rose is perfect and certainly far better than I can do.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, a gorgeous card and a perfect rose.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, oh what a fantastic sample you have given us today, it is really gorgeous, look at that Rose, amazing. xx
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWow a beautiful card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeletePerfect rose, such a lovely card.
Jan
That is a lovely rose on a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card John and your rose is perfect.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and gorgeous rose.
B xx
Hello John, the card is beautiful, and your rose is perfect, love the blue. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card ,the rose is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Beautiful card John and the rose is perfect.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Beautiful card, love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I do like seeing older dies used. The rose is beautiful you did well. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me the Carribean background die is so nice.
Love ts card and the colours you have used.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Stunning card John. The rose is amazing. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John a beautiful card and you got that Rose spot on.
ReplyDeleteCatherine.xx
Morning John beautiful cards and the rose is perfect. Love this dies so will be having a go at my version of this card.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Gorgeous card John love the colour and your rose is perfect.
ReplyDeleteHugs
CraftyJacq
XX
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, gorgeous colours.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John and the rose is perfect
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
What a classy card, John and the rose is perfect.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, Great card and the Rose is perfect. A rose was the first 3D flower I made years ago after learning how it make it from Sue. I just love cards with flowers on, and ribbon. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA superbly put together creation. You must have been looking at Patricia' s cards as the rose is nearly as good as hers. Seriously, its a stunner and a lovely sentiment too.
Ang x
A lovely card John, and you've done a good job with the rose. I've tried making roses before and they never come out right. I've given up for now!
ReplyDeleteLovely card again John, loved yesterdays too.
ReplyDeleteJust as well I,m not coming over to AP as full of this gastly cough. Talk soon, xxx
Good Morning John what a fabulous card I love the design of it and that sentiment is just so beautiful and my mum would have loved it. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteJust stunning John I love everything about it
ReplyDeleteLove always June horrocks xxxx
Morning John, A beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Very pretty John a lovely shade of blue and my favourite ribbon love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, rhapsody indeed - I think I'll do a version in pink. And yes, you got the rose spot on - well, whenever you guys do them they look fab to me. Mine are never quite that beautiful but I keep consoling myself, I'm still Sue's apprentice :-)
I must say, these days there are so many beautiful flowers out there, I get away with a lot, just crumpling and stuff..............
Hugs, Rose
Lovely card john x the rose is perfect and I love the colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Stunning Especially that rose I have the Camelia dies and the Christmas Rose dies I would love to see a tutorial please on making the beautiful rose
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and the rise is perfect. As Karen says a tutorial would be good please.
ReplyDeleteGreat card and the Rose is just perfect.
ReplyDeleteHi John. I remember making loads of cards like this, minus the rose, which is fab and which I have given up on trying to make. Banana fingers and all that. SueL x
ReplyDeleteOh, such a lovely rose. You got it right! I like how you tipped the edges of the rose with the blue. The Caribbean background die is still one of my very favorite dies. I like all the bling you used on this card. Fancy!!! Thank you for sharing you ideas. Regarding your latest hochanda shows - awesome with so many examples using Sue's dies. I can tell you had fun seeing how many styles of card designs you could make out of one set of dies.
ReplyDeletefantastic as ever john xx this die has alwys been a favourite of mine and I think alot of others loved it too xxx have a fab weekend xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteA really stunning card once again! In blue and white too! Your rose is beautiful! I don't know why you worry about things like that when you can create such beautiful cards! Well - maybe I do - it's the desire to have everything just right!
Thank you once again! I loved all the Shows!
Love Myra
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and a fabulous rose.
Must get these dies and give it a go.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very stunning card and the design is ace of course.
Love the colours used also.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John beautiful card, wonderful design and the bow and rose embellishments are gorgeous, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card. The rose is just perfect.
Hi John Fabulous card the rose is beautiful
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Your rose looks perfect x
ReplyDeleteHi John and everyone, have not been here before but love Sue Wilson Dies.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, and the Rose is lovely. Hope to be able to visit again. Have a lovely day everyone.
Dorothy xx
John this is gorgeous, i love that die and the colours.
ReplyDeleteI am ashamed to say i have this die and have not used it.
I guess i just forgot about it when a new lot of dies came out.
So i am making it my mission to go and use it for my next card.
A beautiful card John and the rose is just perfection. Oh that I could create such wonderful flowers! Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx
ReplyDelete