Happy Friday,
I really hope that the cold hasn't got to you Its very cold here but we still have little snow! Im demonstrating at Grafton Crafts to morrow so I hope its clear there or at least clears!
I thought I would share a card today made using one of the background dies this time the smaller Gerbera Square. I love this die especially as I included 2 outline dies one plain and one stitched which makes framing your design so easy!
Todays card shows exactly what I intended with this die a frame that would be perfect for showing off your backgrounds.
I started by wanting to frame the centre panel which is an oddment form a demo of the media plates, I never like to throw anything away so I kept this for use one day. I cut the Gerbera square into a piece of white card and foam mounted this over the background. I then added a series of frames made using Maya Blue and Rosa pink lustre print card and the Press Cut stitch Dot squares.
Finally I added a layer of white lustre card embossed with the Crafts Too A4 daisy lattice embossing folder. I placed the bow of ombre ribbon in the corner and finished with one of my Starflowers shaded with pink.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a very pretty card x
ReplyDeleteLove this die, like I said, you make a gorgeous background, you need to show it and this does, beautiful, xxx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card John. The die is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card today.
Jan
Morning John, another masterpiece, love the colours you have used and the frame and background blend in wonderfully with your dies.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time tomorrow and hope that the weather continues to be kind to you. Still got my fingers crossed here for Sunday, we are having sleet today so I am hoping that it will melt some of the snow, been snowed in since Sunday afternoon.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous card John, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this little frame. It's so pretty and your colours are gorgeous!
I hope you win your battle with the weather.
The snow has taken over up here in the frozen north!
I made Christmas cards yesterday and haven't decided which cards I'm making yet today.
Lately I just 'play' and see what I come up with. I love it!
Hope you have a good day! xx
Lovely card, John?
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
That frame is lovely I expect it looks just as dramatic (different colour background) cut in black Love today’s card too Like you say really shows off the background
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a pretty card, the frame colours are perfect with your background piece. The weather is awful,with the wind blowing and the snow turning to ice. Hope you have a good day and stay safe everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Great card to show off so many aspects. Stay safe in your travels - I haven't been outside the door all week and think it will be a few days yet!! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful !
ReplyDeleteWould like to see how you do your back ground love card
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
X
Good morning John Love the colours you've used on today's card the background is lovely & the dies work so well with it
ReplyDeleteHope you manage to get to your workshop safely tomorrow
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely bright card. Love everything about this card and the colours go together so well.
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Those dies are gorgeous. I am hoping to have a play with some of your dies today as I am unexpectedly at home so is my husband. So no going out for us. I do hope the weather clears a bit tomorrow. Stay safe and warm. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove this card John it’s very pretty thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Hi John,At last it looks like snow clearing here now,but still bitterly cold but at least I have been playing everyday. Today's card is very pretty but if I am honest I prefer the gerbera panels.Anyway stay safe,healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteThat's really pretty John. You're lucky to have so little snow. I've managed to dig my way off the drive this morning and the courier came to deliver my dragonflies die, so I'm having a good day! Hope you're able to travel safely tomorrow. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a lovely cheerful card today. Unfortunately it has just started snowing again here and we are supposed to get storm Emma here later on this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautifully designed card John, lovely colours and interesting center stamping, Kate x x
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John and a brilliant idea. Thank you. Love all these dies. Made some acetate backgrounds last night with the Izink Pigment inks. Used the blue and silver this time. Would have liked to add a bit of green but non left last week. Looked after granddaughter for a while today as my son had to go out. She has a chesty cough and has been wheezing. She made a card for her friend’s birthday. It’s good to spend some time with her. Been snowing all day here. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteI love this John. Think I'm going to have to buy this square gerbera die. The background you've used is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card and the frames are gorgeous! The background is too - ooh I like it all!
The snow has missed us too - I’m very thankful but it is bitterly cold with a biting easterly wind!
Safe travel tomorrow!
Many thanks, Love Myra x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow love this card such pretty colour's. I have ordered the small square Gerber Die but dew to the weather I have longer to Waite 😭 & play.
Hug's Lynda xx
Another beautiful card John using another beautiful die.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you put everything together and make different cards using the same elements.
Marie P.
Very nice, John. Love your color choice.I am looking forward to receiving my Gerbera Daisy die sets. You made them look like they would be so much fun. I love the leaves and daisies are such friendly flowers.
ReplyDelete