Happy Monday,
I came home from the Hochanda shows a couple of weeks ago with the idea for this card in my head and as soon as I got time I sat down to make it. I have to admit wicket the colour choice may not be to everyones taste i simply love the finished result!
I stared by cutting the Gerbera Lattice panel from chocolate card extending the pattern by fitting the die back in and recutting. I placed this over a piece of white card that I had added double sided adhesive to and added micro beads to add texture. I used the Crafts Too card candy die to cut circles of the adhesive ( this die is perch as the circles are the exact shape and size for the centre of the gerbera daisies. I added micro beads to these adding more layers of texture.
I then framed the background using the Press Cut hexagon dies which are perfect as they are thin meaning I can get nice mats and layers form one set! I used the white and the chocolate foam mounting between each layers to add depth. I placed this piece on a layer of the chocolate embossed with the daisy lattice A4 embossing folder from Crafts too adding string pearls arround the embossed layer and the largest Hexagon frame.
I then stamped the gerbera daisy clear stamp in brown ink onto white and cut it out with the matching die, giving me 6 flowers in one stamp and die cut I layers them together too make 3 flowers adding more of the micro beads in the centres. I cut the matching leaves from chocolate and then white shading the white leaves with the same brown ink.
I made up the spray as shown on the bottom left with a few, ok 6, hatpins to finish.
I hope you like this it is one of my new faves!
Enjoy...
Morning John, gorgeous as always and I do like the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, I love everything about this card, the design is very striking. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and I like the colour combination too.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Great card John your colour combination makes the card unusual.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and keep warm Kitty.
Beautiful card John, colour combination very nice.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Great card John. Different colours, but I like it, makes a change.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Great card today, love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely John and like the colour.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this card!!! The colours are great and I love the hexagon shape.
It is definitely one of my favourites! xx
Hi John. Don't normally go for the darker colours but I love this one!
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Gorgeous card John and I like the colour combo I think I have a PressCut circle die like the one you mention I will have to double check later
ReplyDeleteLove it, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
X
It's beautiful and I think the colours are lovely - very sophisticated! xxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card, it's nice to use different colours than you would normally use . This design would look equally good in a bright colour too.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, I love the colour combination, it looks quite sophisticated.
Love Diane x
Morning John, love the card but not sure about the colour.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love the card colours and brilliant dies
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Good morning John Beautiful card I like the colours you've chosen the gerbera die looks superb within the hexagons frame
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love love the colours and the dies are perfect. I am thinking about getting some hexagon dies. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,Wow I absolutely love everything about this card,just lovely.Have a great day,stay healthy and happy,
ReplyDeleteLots of Love Barbara D xxx
Stunning card John absolutey love the colour's & designe all gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda xx
Lovely xx
ReplyDeleteI think the colors work, maybe better for some recipients than others but colors can change. I really love the Gerbera Daisies and can not wait until mine arrive. I am glad you kept this idea in your head until you made this stunning card.
ReplyDeleteStephanie K
PS. Might be a bit dangerous with 6 hat pins.
Brilliant John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John. I can understand why you are pleased with this card. The background die looks really good in the hexagon frame. I know the card you have used is chocolate, but on my laptop screen all the pictures look as though they have been taken in black and white which I find quite amusing!
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Gorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing with us. No reason not to try this. I have your dies, the Presscut Hexagons, and the Candy die. I hadn’t realised they fitted in the middle of the Gerbera. Got lots of these already cut out. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card! Very effective indeed. Yesterday’s was lovely too.
Sorry WiFi is a bit hit and miss here just now.
Love Myra xx
Beautiful card John as all your cards are. I'm getting closer by the day to buying the Gerber dies.
ReplyDeleteMarie P.