Happy Sunday,
A simple card to share with everyone today made with just the Gerbera Lattice background die.
I simply embossed a piece of the shaded Velum I had on the last Hochanda show using the Gerbera lattice die which embossed the pattern into the emu and cut the flowers in places giving a neat but shabby background.
I wrapped pieces of organza ribbon around this and added flowers at the meeting point. The flowers were made by cutting the remains of the velum using the lattice die and cutting the flowers out. I grouped and shaped these adding a Crafts Too Diamond in the centre of each.
A few mats and layers and a simple, shabby but hopefully elegant card is finished.
Enjoy...
Love it. I bet you enjoyed your day at home yesterday. I played with my new dies and stamps,love the Gerbera sets. Used for dt work so will show later. Xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, absolutely gorgeous love the Gerbera background lattice die and it looks fantastic embossed in the vellum and really like this colour.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, oh I like this, pure genius these dies are. Love the colour of the vellum too, hope you enjoyed your craft day yesterday.
ReplyDeleteNow that the snow has finally melted a bit I am going on my parchment retreat later, so looking forward to this.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card.
We still have lots of snow and it is very foggy today.
Take care and keep warm Kitty.
Beautiful card John,will give the embossing a go later.
ReplyDeleteJoycex xx
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous, love vellum on a card. Pretty colour.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Love the card today thank you John xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. The gerberas look great in the vellum.
B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very delicate look to this card by using the vellum.Beautiful.
Jan
That is so gorgeous. Vellum really does give Beautiful effects doesn't it? xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, the vellum gives it a soft look.
Lydia
X
A very pretty card I have vellum in my stash and never think to use it Another note to self!
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love the effect of the embossing. Never tried it on vellum. SueL x
ReplyDeleteI need to dig out my stash of vellum and have a go at this technique. A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, I'm loving the vellum gerberas, so delicate and pretty. I hope you enjoyed your day off.
Love Diane x
Good morning John beautiful card I love the colour the embossed vellum makes a lovely background
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good day
Hi John, this card is very pretty, the embossed vellum background gives a totally different look. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John, love this card and the way you have used the die on the Vellum, to create a really soft look.
ReplyDeleteWendy x
Hi John, Hope you had a lovely play day yesterday.This is beautiful,so delicate and a beautiful colour palette.Stay safe healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is exquisite!!!
Sorry I've been AWOL with the dreaded lurgie but have been scrolling down to see the cards I've missed and have to say that yesterday's where you were unsure of the colour is beautiful. In fact all your cards are gorgeous, a bit like you ha ha.
Maureen x
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. The blue is gorgeous and I love the dies. I hope you got lots of crafting done yesterday and have something nice planned today. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a really dreamy effect you get with the velum. It males a really stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this card. This is one of my favourite colours xx
Gorgeous card today John. Thank you. Hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday. Made another card with the new dies today. Watching Dancing on Ice at the moment. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteI love this die set and it is wonderful cut from the blue vellum. This is a beautiful card as we know you will create.
ReplyDeleteChilly here in SC but nothing like your weather. Looking forward to spring.
Stephanie K
SC/USA
Another lovely card. Must try using some vellum.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card. I haven't yet tried vellum and I think maybe I'm getting a bit 'long in the tooth' to keep trying new things.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed your day off John.
Marie P.