Happy Wednesday,
Its the last Wednesday of the month so its nay usual Breedon workshop the last one before I take an Easter break!
I thought as we are using the Ribbon Threader die set in todays class, this card made using the set!
I started by cutting the larger hit one miss one ribbon threader die ( My name for it you can see why form the picture) down a piece of textured white card 8 times. I then threaded the lilac gingham ribbon ( from Crafts Too) through these strips alternating the weaving on each subsequent panel.
I framed the piece using the fabulous Stitch Dot dies from press cut mixing it with layers using the plain squares all in white and lilac.
I stamped the gerbera daisy clear stamp once using perfect medium and embossed it with izink fine white embossing powder. I cut the flowers out with the matching die and shaded lilac / purple izink pigment ink on the edges and in the centre of each flower before shaping them and making up the flowers as shown.
I cut the m,athcing gerbera leaves in textured white card and shaded the edges in the same colour. I then arranged these with a few plain hat pins on opposing corners.
I cut the With Love tag in white pearl card and shaded the elements before making up into the flag and adding to the card at the bottom.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and love the ribbon threader dies and the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, a beautiful card today, love the lilac/purple and white colour combo, and the ribbon weave is very effective the way you have done it. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care Kitty.
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
A beautiful card John and my favourite colour. Thank you. Will cheer us up on this miserable wet day. Looks like this rain will continue all week. Have a good day. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWOW another stunning card.
Jan
Lovely card John. The ribbon threader die is very effective.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, yes I think this sample really is wonderful, love all the threaders in the set (especially what Mrs Duck did on her blog), another one to add to must list of 'must do'
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day today, I know the ladies (and gents) will have a fantastic time.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card. I love that colour.
Lovely colour and a beautiful card
ReplyDeleteGood morning John Wow stunning card love the gingham ribbon
ReplyDeleteHi John. Loving my ribbon threader dies. Can't beat a bit of gingham. Fab card. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove the ribbon threaded background, it looks so lovely and the gerberas are the perfect finishing touch. It would be a great way to use up some of my extensive ribbon stash that I've acquired, but can't seem to use as it's so pretty!
Love Diane x
A stunning card John so pretty clever ribbon weaving love it !!!!
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Stunning card today John I love it, xxx
ReplyDeleteA great way of using up your ribbon stash, John. A great card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Fantastic card John. Have a great time today.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
John Are you going to design some square fancy 8x8 square dies would be nice i have lots of your dies but would be nice BIG one if possible please John love kath xx
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card John Stella west midlands x
ReplyDeleteOh John this is a stunning card I love everything about it. That ribbon threader die is a real winner and it is so flexible. I really have to get one though I have probably left it a bit late. Enjoy the workshop. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card John love the ribbon Stella west midlands x
ReplyDeleteHi John, this a really pretty card, love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today, thank you for all the ideas.
love Maureen x
Very striking card today.Very nice for Easter and Spring. Love the Gerbera's in purple. The ribbon looks very smart coming through the white card. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a fun day,
Stephanie K
SC/USA
Hi John. This would make a really fab Easter Card with the colours you have chosen. These ribbon dies are so inspired, you should be so proud of them.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI’m a wee bit late but it’s been a busy day! Another lovely card! The Ribbon Threader really is a very versatile Die Set! I’m so glad I got it.
I’m glad you are having a break! We all need one now and again!
Love Myra xx
I'm late too! Love the card and the colours you've used. Hope you had a good day and now can relax.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Sorry so late internet trouble
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card love it
Hug's Lynda xx
Such a beautiful card today John, All your cards have something special about them and this one is no exception.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Marie P.