Happy Saturday,
I have a rare Saturday off due to the snow I will be playing all day in the craft room hope everyone can do the same!
Todays card is a different take on the Gerbera Daisy die this time made from flower foam. Im not sure about the colour combination but we all have to step out of our comfort zone sometimes!
I cut the Gerbera Daisy die form yellow flower foam from Leanne Creative. I shaded the edges of the flowers using orange pigment ink pad and heated them with my heat gun to scrunch the petals.
I added stamps to the centre of the flowers which aren't visible in the pictures but it gives a great base for the flowers. I cut the matching Gerbera leaves in green flower foam and again heated them to get the curl.
I used a simple card to make the flowers the main focus.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful card not colours you could send to everyone.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful card John, love the flowers.Enjoy your day off.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure about the colours either. Enjoy your day off.
Jan
Morning John, lovely card today, I like using foam for flowers, have you tried the silk foam, you don't have to heat these, just colour them, scrunch them up as much as you can and then shape them with your fingers, if you have not had a chance yet then have a go.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Saturday off, as you say it is very rare for you.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card,enjoy your crafting day.
Take care and keep warm Kitty.
Morning John x love this card and the colours are lovely and spring like x have a good day crafting x Pat x
ReplyDeletePretty card. Enjoy your day crafting.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Great card today, bright spring colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Love the card and love the springtime colours. Enjoy your day off. My footy has not been called off so far so that's where I'll be. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Just what we need to brighten up our day. I love this, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, I think the colours are lovely. Really fresh and happy colours. Enjoy your ‘mini break’.
ReplyDeleteThe snow has put a stop to a lot of things today.
Annette x
Hi John what lovely Spring colours today, a very pretty card, Kate x x
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is very pretty. The flowers look like crysanthemums. Have a good day everyone, stay safe in this aweful weather. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteNot two colours I would put together but it works, lovely flowers.
Lydia
X
Love the colour combination it makes
ReplyDeletethe card pop. Beautiful. Mavis L x
A lovely cheerful spring like card to brighten this snowy day.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Ooh clever Very clever I must admit I’m a bit like you re the colour combo but it works so well and reminds me of Easter
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, very Spring like.
I like the colour combination, it's very pretty.
Good morning John Daffodils in the springtime came to my mind when I saw this card I like the colours they shout spring to me!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your crafting day John
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow this shows how versatile the flower dies are, they look like chrysanthemums. The colours remind me of spring which I think we all need to be thinking of at the moment. Enjoy your Saturday off.
Love Diane x
Hi John this is a stunning card. I love the bright fresh colours they remind me that Spring is on its way. The flowers are amazing. I did play with some of your dies yesterday and I was very pleased with the results. I made enough flowers for my project with one pass of the die - just brilliant. Enjoy your rare Saturday off. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. I love the bold colours you have used in this card. Very brave but it works so well. Not used flower foam yet, but looking at the results i'm definitely going to give it a go.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Wow a day off I bet you will enjoy just playing.I like the card the flowers are great,the colour combo really works but not sure I would have been brave enough to try it. Stay warm healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today John love the colours spring where are you!!!!! Enjoy your day off
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks xxxxxx
Hi John nice cheery card today love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteI am liking your color combination. Reminds me of Spring flower colors. Spring was trying to come out here in the mountains of North Carolina in the USA, but fierce winds and snow came back to remind me winter is not over. Looks like you are getting lots of snow and winds, too. Stay warm and take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John, what lovely clean and fresh colours today. Love what you have done with the flowers.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful card John. Very Springlike. Thank you for reminding us that hopefully it is not too far away. Snow mostly gone here but just hope it doesn’t freeze tonight. Been using the new dies again today. Really enjoying them. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. I like the colour combination as it's so spring like.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what you will be experimenting with on your day off!
Take care. Keep warm.
Marie P.
I like the foam daisies...now they look like mums to me so versatile.I think the coloring is quite nice and springy cheerful.
ReplyDeleteHope you had fun crafting yesterday and your demonstration is well attended.
Stephanie K
SC/USA