Happy Tuesday,
Thankfully the weather and snow has cleared so I am once again on my travels. Today and tomorrow I am running a series of workshops at Allbrights of Diss its going to be a fun couple of days.
Today's card is a little lighter and brighter than yesterdays something really good for spring fest using the same dies as yesterday!
I stared by cutting the gerbera lattice die form watercolour card I then smoked the paper with a water spritzer. Next I added drops of the Izink Pigment dropper inks in the centre of each flower on the dies cut. I spritzed with more water to let the colour flow through the flowers and added orange ink in the centre of each flower to make the colour change look natural. Finally I added this to a piece of white card and used Crafts Too diamonds in the centre of each flower.
I stamped the Gerbera Daisy clear stamp in smokey grey versafine ink and cut it out using the matching die giving me 6 flowers. I shaded them with yellow Izink pigment ink pad and shaded the centres with the orange. I used all 6 flowers to make one large gerbera and glued micro beads tin the centre for texture.
I added a strip and bow of May Arts green striped ribbon down the side gluing the flower into place over the knot ( the knots on this thick ribbon do look messy and need covering.
I cut the banners from my with love tag and cut the sentiment from the Gerbera Circles die set shading it with the same yellow pigment ink.
I added this at an angle under the bow and finished the card with layers of white and green to match the bow.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a lovely springlike card today after all the snow we need something bright and cheerful.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat spring like card.Love it . Enjoy your trip.
Jan
Bright and cheerful card John, lovely.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Lovely, bright, cheerful card John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John, bright and cheerful. Xx
ReplyDeleteA beauty today John so bright and sunny just what we need
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Hi John, a beautiful and cheery card today, the colours are very summery and will brighten everyones day after all the snow and bad weather. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful spring card.
B xx
Lovely Spring card, xxx
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card John xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, John although the bow is a bit too big for me.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card today, very fresh and ready for spring. The spritzed flowers work so well don't they.
Love Diane x
Yay! Spring is here!
ReplyDeleteLove the colours John. It really is a great card. I love it! If you sent a card like this to someone it would certainly brighten their day!
Enjoy being out and about today xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove all of the card except the big bow, just not me.
Lydia
X
Morning John, love this card and so nice to see some bright colours.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is so lovely, just what we need to cheer us all up on such a dull day, thank you.
That's really pretty and Spring-like! Have two lovely days in Diss. xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John Gorgeous spring like card beautiful colours I love the bow!
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love the bright fresh colours you have used. Of course the dies are gorgeous. Enjoy your time in Diss. I am glad the snow has gone. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, Absolutely beautiful and just what we need to herald spring.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteJust lovely and bright...we all need a touch of Spring about now. I have daffodils and iris up in my yard but it is turning cold again and so will blast the azaleas again this year.
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun at your class and all that can go to it!
Stephanie K
SC/USA
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteOhh this is a lovely card! So fresh and spring like! Just what we need. I do think I still have some of that ribbon too!
Enjoy your classes - everyone else will!
Love Myra x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteOh Spring has definitely sprung with this card, it's gorgeous. We are now just waiting for the weather to catch up!
love Maureen x
This is a beautiful card John. VerySpri glikecolours. I have glazed my pottery today withSpring colours. We shall see what it looks like after it has been in the kiln. Glad you have been able to get to Diss otherwise there would be some very disappointed people. Enjoy the workshops. I am sure the participants will.
ReplyDeleteLove your colours John and a lovely design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLovely bright, spring card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
So pleased I got the set can't wait to copy this design love it xx
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous Spring like card
ReplyDelete