Today's card is again made up with pieces I had left in my scrap box. I always keep all the pieces I cut and make especially during demos its perfect when I want to play and challenge myself.
I found this background and the snowflake in my box obviously from other projects that hadn't worked or left from a demo. the background is a piece of card I had stamped with the large media plate using the liquid pigment inks in blues and silver. This gives an easy and more importantly mess free background that shines. I embossed this with my star stream embossing folder then ran silver pigment ink pad over the top to bring out the embossed stars.
The snowflake was cut form more of the card and I added swirls and a smaller snowflake cut in the new Crafts Too Yale blue lustre print card. I added a couple of pearls and a strip of a rafia ribbon in the same lighter blue. The snowflake in the lustre print card was lightly sanded to age it and show a little white in the raised areas.
Finally layers of Cobalt, sh
silver shine and light blue make the finished card.
Enjoy...
Morning John, another beautiful card in some of my favourite colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, beautiful card, love the background you have done on this one.
ReplyDeleteHope you have recovered now from the hectic weekend.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Another lovely card John in colours I like.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
John there is only so much I can keep, then they all get sent to the local
Nursery. Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card ,love the background and colour.
Jan
What a lovely background and snowflake element.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card John. Like the embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John great use of your "bits" love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, love the background
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Great card, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John, a beautiful card, can't believe it is made from leftovers, love the embossing running from side to side. have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely blue card.
Lydia
X
Hi John, what a really pretty card today. Great colours.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, just beautiful.
B xx
Lovely card John the colours are fab xxxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely, love the colours. SueL x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA brilliant card made from leftovers, I love the shine.
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today, who'd have thought that leaves could be blue!!
Maureen x
I love this card. Really pretty.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Love this one,really really pretty and the colour is lovely.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and very , very effective! I could just about replicate this if I had your talent and flair! Lol!
Many thanks!
Love Myra xx
Hi John this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, another great card to inspire us all.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John gorgeous card The colours are stunning and I love the embossed backgrpund
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card. The background especially is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Lovely card
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning, Kate x
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today John. Thank you for sharing this. Must try this with the liquid pigment inks. I have silver and blue. Take care. Hugsxx
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card John. Thank you for sharing. I'm moving house soon and was about to put the contents of my scrap basket out for re-cycle but I think you may have changed my mind!/All for now.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Marie P.
So beautiful! xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteMarvellous card considering its scraps. Super colours too.
A stunner!
Ang x
AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the 17 October technique. Is this the same as Dendritic? Beautifully done. I'm fascinated by your plates and the idea of free form painting on a shape. thank you for your talent. Sara in New Jersey
ReplyDelete