Happy Friday,
Today I am starting to share some of the samples I have made using my new range of masks, stamps and media plates and I just love the colour of this card and the complex simplicity of it.
I stared by making the bauble using the bauble media plate and the Festive Scene clear stamp set. I inked the plate with 2 shades of izink Pigment in and using the snowflakes and sonata on sleigh I used the resist technique to remove the ink from the plate giving the white pattern shown.
I cut this out using the stitch dot circle dies form Press cut and matted the circle onto silver and deep blue using more circles. I added a spray of christmas foliage around the top and finished with a silver edged ribbon bow ( the centre diamond pearl was made for me by my friend Wendy)
For the background I added the deep blue pigment ink to the flat side of my snowflake circle embossing folder and ran white card through my platinum to give this letterpressed panel. This is such a great technique to get more from your embossing folders.
I layered this onto more white, silver and blue before adding to a large 8x8" card blank.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
A beautiful card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card again today.
Jan
Morning John, another very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, another fabulous card, your products really make it easy to achieve the great backgrounds. Love it. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Morning John, oh how lovely this is today, gorgeous, you are bringing your masks, stamps and inks to life - when I first looked at the picture I thought it had acetate on the front but I think that is a trick of the light.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous, watching shows again LOL xxxx
ReplyDeleteA great card.
ReplyDeleteI've already made some Christmas cards with this embossing folder which is lovely. Next plan is to use the media plates combined with the folder.
Jan
Northampton
Great card John, love the snowflake background.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.
B xx
Gorgeous card John. Love Wendy's pearls. Xx
ReplyDeleteI love the letterpress technique and used it last year for Christmas cards. This is beautiful, John, and Wendy's diamond pearl finishes it off perfectly.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful John. Love Wendy's pearl.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
x
Hi John great card
ReplyDeleteLove June xxxx
Love the card, great colour scheme. Didn't understand 'complex simplicity' though,so don't know whether to try making it. Shy away from complex, often means frustration! Sounds like an oxymoron to me, so is it simple or complex?
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely design John
ReplyDeleteJune x
Absolutely gorgeous card John, i love the background and that beauriful bauble. absolutely love this card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is a really pretty card, love this technique.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
A beautiful card John. Have all the items to make this so will try at the weekend. Thank you for all the great ideas. Take care and have a good weekend.xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous card today, I love it and the sonata on the sleigh ha ha.
The pearl by Wendy is stupendous.
Maureen x
Hi John. What a really special card. The bauble plate is lovely (as I may have mentioned before and I love the way you have made the background. I do tend to shy away from using this technique as I am frightened of staining my embossing folders.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteYou make the seemingly difficult so much easier for we mere mortals! Lovely card - love the colours and Wendy’s pearl is lovely too! Truly a gorgeous card!
Many thanks
Love Myra xx
Hi John Beautiful card I love the snowflake embossing folder
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and how nice for you to have a friend like Wendy! I love both the card and the diamond pearl
ReplyDeleteHugs. Marie P.