Another card made form a demo pice form last weekend today. this time I have used the pieces to make a multilayered card that looks far more complex than it is! Plus I thought it was time we had a revisit to my large bows lol
I made the oval stamped front using the oval media plate and my argyle duo mask. I inked the plate and added the mask over the top and brayerd over this to transfer the pattern to the plate. I stamped this then stamped the little bubbles form my clear stamp set in a darker blue around one edge of the plate so that when I stamped it it shaded the oval.
Next I stamped the flower silhouette stamp and the sentiment and finished with one of the leaves form my circle leaves set around the edge in the 2 ink colours used.
The background is made using the large media plate and my butterfly and dragonfly stamps using the resist technique ( there is a video on this on youtube and its described on this tuesdays post!)
I made up the card as shown with mats and layers and a large bow with roses in the centre.
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card,glad to see the large bow I still have lots of ribbon to use in my stash.
Jan
Morning John, beautiful, gorgeous, stupendous, yes all of these, I love the way you have mixed the colours and they way they have blended, if you look quickly the oval reminds me of an Easter egg with patterned foil around it.........silly how things spring to mind isn't it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous card John and I agree with June that the oval looks like an Easter egg with patterned foil around it.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Another gorgeous card John in lovely colours.you never fail to please.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Beautiful card John. Fabulous colours. Xx
ReplyDeleteMy type of card and my colours too, love the butterflies and dragonflies in the stamp sets, I have shown afew on my blog. xxxx
ReplyDeleteI love the colours. A very beautiful card. xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA striking creation and the colour choice is just my thing.
I think you can get away with the bow on this one lol!
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and gorgeous background.
It was great to see your new brand on display at various suppliers stalls at Craft4Crafters, Bath & West Showground yesterday.
B xx
Love the colours you have used here, John, to make a great card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card and the colours work for me, must do some more cards using gel plates!
Regards
Heather R Oxfordshire
Hello John, such a beautiful card, love the layout and the big bow. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and just love the mix of colours in this.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeletePretty card.
Lydia
x
Morning John, fabulous card, just love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John this is a stunning card I love the soft colours it is just so pretty. Have a wonderful weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card, sounds quite complicated though!
Hi John, yes I like the two panels you have done individually but sorry, not the bow. Never mind, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card
ReplyDeleteHi John,Lovely card today and of course the John bow really sets it off.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John love the card the colours are brill
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteStriking card, and I agree with June. First thing I thought when I saw it was an Easter Egg (my thoughts are never away from my stomach for long ha ha). Love the bow!!!
Maureen xx
Absolutely gorgeous John, fabulous colours and design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Such a pretty card today. Love the colours and all the stamping on the background panel.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Gorgeous card especially like the bow.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteA busy day and I’m late again! However just had to say I loved every this card and the bow is gorgeous! ! Lovely colours too! I need to come to one of your classes! I. Sure I’d learn heaps!
Thanks John.
Love Myra xx
you definitely would Myra. I learned a lot today. Guess where I went!!! Beautiful card John and I think the bow is gorgeous. My colours. Had a brilliant day today. Thank you John. Looking forward to Tuesday's shows. Take care. Hope you have a safe journey home.xxx
ReplyDeleteA lovely design, color, subject, placement and bow. A great look.
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card John. I'm not doing much with cards right now as my house moving day gets closer and closer.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend everyone.
Marie P.