Happy Friday,
Firstly I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who wished me a happy holiday and birthday, it really does mean so much! We had a fabulous Holiday really relaxing and I have come back with lots of new ideas and ranges for next year a few weeks of drawing ahead for me I think!
Today's card uses a few different tecahniques that I love using to give maximum effects with minimum effort.
I stared by cutting a circular aperture in a square of silver scraper foil. I then embossed the piece using my Snowflake circle embossing folder. I then sanded back the pattern using a sanding block which revels the silver behind the black ink ( sorry I seem to have used this technique loads recently but it really is easy and effective)
For the centre panel I embossed the largest in the Crafts Too snowflake die set into a piece of silver mirror card ( I used a 300gsm construction mirror card which embosses without cracking) I then added silver pearl drops and the snowflake for added texture.
The border of the card is really easy to make I simply added double sided tape around a layer of black card and added silver distress glitter over this. because of the different sized particles in the distress glitter the black shows through adding another level of depth to what is a relatively flat card.
I added a few mats and layers of black and silver before adding to a 8x8" card blank and finished.
Enjoy...
Morning John, glad you had a relaxing holiday and back feeling refreshed, looking forward to all your new designs. Today's card is another beauty.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi there John, back and recharged. Glad you had a terrific holiday.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, so stylish and striking in these shades, love it, Kate x
Good to hear that you had a fantastic and relaxing holiday John. Today’s card is lovely. Joycex
ReplyDeleteMorning John, lovely to hear your holiday was so relaxing and that you both had a great time. I can imagine your head is buzzing with ideas.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you on Sunday
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, so great to hear that you had a great holiday and birthday. Love todays card, very contemporary feel with the black and silver. Take care all. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you alovely card so gladyou had a good time.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Lovely card John, bet it looks amazing in ‘real’ life. There you go using the silver scraper foil, I really need to find out more about this.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous card. Glad you had a great holiday & Birthday.
ReplyDeleteMichele
That's very dramatic and really beautiful! xx
ReplyDeleteAnother card of gorgeousness,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good holiday, John. I have just got back from a few days away in Norfolk so have been catching up with your posts - beautiful cards every day.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Brilliant card, love it.
ReplyDeleteThere could be lots of colour combinations using this great technique.
Have not commented for a few days. Hazel and I have been away for a few days with some "Blog" friends.
Have a great day
Patricia x
Morning John, So glad your holiday and birthday went well and that you are back safe and sound, having recharged your batteries.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous technique and a lovely card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good break.Sounds like you've come back refreshed and recharged.
A gorgeous card, it really shows off your embossing folder beautifully.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, pleased you had a relaxing holiday.
Lydia
X
A very manly looking card, this morning, I think. Certainly one I would choose for a male friend or family member.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen
Good morning John, great to hear you had a great birthday and holiday.
ReplyDeleteToday's card is beautiful. I have to catch up on your posts from the last 12 days (got back from my holiday and birthday celebrations early this morning)
Marion S x
Today’s card is lovely John so pretty glad you had a fab holiday and you have some great ideas
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Hi John this is a stunning card. I really am going to have to try that technique. I am so pleased that you had a good birthday and enjoyed your holiday. I can't wait to see what new designs you come up with. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, love this technique. Looking forward to seeing what you have for us in the future.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Fantastic John xxx glad you both had a fab time xx lots of L&H to you both xx
ReplyDeleteHi John glad you had a good break. We will await your new ideas with interest. Meanwhile today's card looks great. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing this. Pleased to hear you had a good birthday and holiday. See you soon. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,Glad you had a good holiday and glad to hear you are buzzing with ideas,can't wait to see what happens next.Today's card is really stylish and the colours are very dramatic must try this technique.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteYou sound raring to go with ideas. Can't wait to see what the future brings.Love today's card.
Jan
Hi John. Welcome home and I am so glad you had a great break. Today's card is so opulent looking and I do so love that embossing folder. Looking forward to seeing all your new ideas.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a great card today and must get some of that scratch card. Glad you've had a good break and holiday and are fired up for more creativity, but don't wear yourself out before we visit you in November.
Maureen x
Terrific card I love this technique so you can use/show it as many times as you like - Karenlotty
ReplyDeleteVery nice card. I’m not sure about black for Christmas but it is stunning.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteoh my this card is so beautifully created.
Your design is ace and very lovely.
Love the luxurious colours used.
I am gutted as I should have looked at your demo days on the top of your blog sooner as I didn't realize you would be in Rochester this Sunday, and have accepted a luch invite from my Granddaughter now.
Everytime you are near where I live something prevents me from attending.
Maybe next time you are near my area I will be luckier.
Must keep looking at your demo schedule.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
John i am so pleased you had a fab holiday and birthday.
ReplyDeleteThis card is gorgeous, i love the embossed background, it looks so effective.
Good morning John and friends.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John thank you for sharing.
Cheers
Marie.P
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSimple but extremely effective. Love the glittered border.
Ang x